Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Call Locations on Verizon Billing Statements

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Fred Spencer, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Fred Spencer

Fred Spencer New Member

How accurate are the call locations on the Verizon Bills? In other words, if I received or made a call in a metropolitian area, would it be possible to show the location as being in a town 30 Miles away? I am using a LG VX 8300.

Thank you.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I have to say yes on that one. The places on your Verizon bill is based on the location of the tower... When I went to metro Atlanta, I have had calls being billed to different locations. For instance, I made 2 calls in Chamblee, a suburb roughly 4 miles from Atlanta, but the calls were billed from Clarkston (~10 miles from Chamblee) and Atlanta. At my mom's apartment, the calls are billed out of East Point, but then again, her place is barely in the Atlanta city limits (East Point is 0.25 miles away). I havent has calls in the city be billed 30 miles from the location I was at though. Roaming on a non-Verizon network will add a new wrinkle to that though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    the call locations that are listed on verizon bills are usually pretty specific... they will almost always tell you what town or what part of town the call originated from. sometimes, the locations are very specific. for example, at exit 141 off i-81 in salem, va the location will show up as "Pinkerton, VA" (pinkerton isn't a town, unincorporated location, etc... it's a car dealership right by the interstate with a giant cell tower in the parking lot).

roaming is a different story.

i used to roam on uscc a lot back when i had verizon and the location would usually show up as the largest municipality in the msa/rsa. for example, if i roamed in bluefield, wv it would show up as beckley, wv. or if i roamed in ironto, va it would show up as roanoke, va. it really depends on how much information the roaming service provider sends back to vzw.

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I am saying that the the user will not always be in the same city or town as the tower...

In my area, roaming calls bill as "Jacksonville" or "Jacksonvi/B"... other places usually as "city"/B , so I can usually pick out the roaming calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...