Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Call Clarity -- Contributing Factors

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Mar 19, 2002.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    To all the regulars and anyone "in the know."

Because this issue has come up a few times recently, I decided to once again write an article, post it on my website and use it as a reference going forward.

I researched previous posts to quantify as much tangible information as I could, but I would be honored to have your feedback/input. If you have points you feel would enhance the article, I am more than happy to include those points. If you want recognition, please indicate that as well. (Obviously I'll need at least your "handle" and "anonymous" doesn't count. If you post as anonymous and I feel your points have value, I will include them, but will not mention the source.)

Here's the the article.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Even though it removes the "wireless" part of a wireless phone but any type of external antenna will greatly improve clarity regardless if it's used in a vehicle or in the office/home. At least in my experiences I have found this to be true and only use the phone's antenna when out and about.

3. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Excellent point. I did completely overlook the importance that antennas have on reception. It will be a while until I can alter the article. I am dealing with an unexpected family emergency.

4. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think that's a good concise summary.

One thing I might mention (which is probably implied under "radio-wave interference factors") is weather. Rain and snow can play a pretty big role in reception.

5. amphibian

amphibian Senior Member

<< Even though it removes the "wireless" part of a wireless phone but any type of external antenna will greatly improve clarity regardless if it's used in a vehicle or in the office/home. At least in my experiences I have found this to be true and only use the phone's antenna when out and about. >>

Hope this is not a stupid question about this,
    but asking for your opinion.

I assume there is no portable, as in carrying while hiking,
    effective antenna for cell phones;
    all currently available are mounted in vehicle or home ?

I understand its that way with 3 watt or bag phones;
    no antenna 'amplifier' of any significance.

6. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hello amphibian,

Sorry, I've been a mental and emotional reck for the past few days. My father, after fighting the battle with leukemia, died this past Thursday. The loss is one I will feel for many years to come.

To address (but not directly answer) you question, I don't have any more info on antennas than what is available on my links page on my website. Links

Kev

7. erub

erub Junior Member

I am very sorry to hear that Kevin. I pray for the best for you and your family.

8. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Srry man.......................................... I hate to hear that.[​IMG]

9. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  10. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Hope everything works out Kev sucks stuff like this happends! =,(

11. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    All above:

Thank you for the condolances. After returning from Washington I was pleasantly surprised to find that close friends were so concerned about my grieving that they rallied around to just spend time. I had heard before that death can make you appreciate those still living with a deeper sense of fondness, but having death hit so close to home really emphasizes the point. Those that suffered personal loss in the 9/11 event know what I mean.

May you all be bless with long life and surrounded by loving family and friends.

Webmaster: My apologies for taking this thread WAY off subject. It seems the subject is closed. Feel free to lock it.

Kevin

12. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Kevin,
    Sorry for your loss. I'm just viewing this thread for the first time now.