Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Call centers?

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by westven, Mar 28, 2008.

1. westven

westven New Member

Any feedback or opinions on doing wireless sales with call centers?

2. Day5InJanuary

Day5InJanuary Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I work in a call center, its not in the wireless industry. Its a car/life and homeowners insurance call center. usually working in a call center is the first step to being able to succeed in the business world. you must be quick to answer, witty and always try to get the answers for the customer. if not always have an alternative. call centers are pretty busy and you are on the phone95% of the day. must be able to type relitively fast. and usually you will get a weekly evaluation from either a manager or supervisor, these evaluations have to usually meet a certain quota. its a very fast paced atmosphere and the day usualy goes by pretty fast. when you first start out you kind of feel like a robot, but once you get in a grove you can usualy switch things a up and are able to communicate much better with customers. maybethis gives you a general idea on what it is like. im just guessing it might be similar in a cell phone company call center.

3. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I start next month at a call center here where I live. Its with Sprint. I'll soon be part of the great customer service with Sprint :lmao: I'll let you know how it goes when I do finally start. They told there'd be 3-5 weeks of training, seems kinda long though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    I wish you the best of luck. Sprint takes the most number of calls a month of all the carriers. I believe in a recent, related press release Sprint said they now have the most number of US based CSR's of all the carriers. Guess that sort of goes hand in hand!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thanks, I saw in another thread that they had the CS online chat and its horrible. I highly doubt they'll advance or go down the hill that much in the near future. Like I said there, if they make me be like that or tell me to lie and whatnot. I'll tell them no thanks and quit. I don't want to "screw" the customer, I'm there to help, so by all means I'll help them. lol, sorry for the rant.

6. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    i hope your future boss isnt reading this lol...

7. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Haha, I know right. :censored:

8. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I have a friend who works for sprint through an outsourcer, they actually set him up with the ability to take calls from home, he says it's awesome he sits around in his underwear half the time and takes calls loves it. But overrall sprint and customer service are three words that you don't really associate with each other.

9. Ddeere2

Ddeere2 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS 16Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah, I saw that, I know of a company called convergsys that lets you do that. They say you need at least 1.5 Mbps download and 500 kbps upload. I was going to try for it, but my speed sucks :( oh well.