Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bye Sprint...sorta

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Airb330, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm canceling our three lines. With the price creeping up to almost $200 for our three lines it was just too much money for what we really use. Max we use 1000 minutes between all three of us and 2,000 texts between my partner and I.

I'm getting the Virgin Optimus V and sticking with the Sprint network. Can't beat the deal and my work is letting me cancel my awful VZ Blackberry....so my net cost for my Virgin service will be zero or negative -15 if I choose the $25 option! My partner is going to use his Blackberry Tour with Sprint full-time and the minutes are only .05 a minute, $5 for unlimited texting and his work picking up the data portion.

The only person really moving on from Sprint is my mom. I got her an att powered Straight talk. Sure, Virgin gives more minutes but at&t still rules Delaware and she does travel to some areas where CDMA is weak and does travel all over rural areas. Sprint actually has worked better than Verizon in rural DE and MD, but at&t is still the best in my hometown. 1,000 minutes is worth having at&t versus 1,500 on Sprint.

Sprint is cheaper I know and I think the rates of the other carriers are pretty crazy. Android does gmail great, and honestly I don't need my phone to do much more than that. I never used the advanced features on my evo except for taking some great photos and videos. I'll live and pocket the savings. I'm still happy with Sprint voice (data is starting to slow up in my area though) and will recommend them to anyone. In fact, my partner's sister's family just switched and are happy with them in north philly.

3 people like this.
  2. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    You probably don't roam off sprint very much now, do you Airb? If not Virgin will be better priced. Virgin would never work for me out in the boonies ;)