Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

buying the i850 in wekk or so...

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Rollindown95, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Rollindown95

Rollindown95 Junior Member

what do y'all think, i read reviews on it and most people love the phone but hate nextel service...they slam the customer service dept good....but see, when i buy the phone, i hafta opt into a 2 yr contrct to get the good prices....and ive always wanted nextel, but opinions are like _______s, everyone has one right???lol....:O

but is nextel really bad if it comes to a problem with a bill or a complaint to be fixed?? they are my main concerns...

2. syncmaster

syncmaster New Member

My Phone:
    Nextel/BlackBerry 7100i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint PCS
    Well, let me start out by saying you won't be disappointed with the phone.

About Customer Service and Technical Support... well... thats sort of hit and miss. Ever since the Sprint take-over/merger/whatever you want to call it Nextel Customer Service and Tech Support (in my opinion) have really gone down hill. I've had an ongoing issue with Direct Connect at my home since this time last year and it has yet to be fixed. They keep blaming it on my phone, but thats been ruled out for several reasons, 1.) Their technician said my phone was fine when I took it in to have it looked at, 2.) I'm not the only one having a problem, 3.) This is my third phone since then with the problem.

They just keep closing the trouble ticket and I can't for the life of me get them to fix it. I've tried telling them I would switch service (ha! I like Direct Connect too much, but they don't need to know that), telling them I'd file a complaint with the FCC, all while being nice and patient. I've called them once a week since last August and so has my local rep, with no change.

Hopefully with the increased pressure from investors, lack of sales, and a high churn rate things might start turning around, but you never know.

Would I sign up for the service now knowing this? Yes. But expect some hassles along the way. I've been with Nextel for going on 6 years now, this is the worst its ever been, infact I never had any problems before this one.

-Charlie

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah the sprint customer care and the nextel customer care take forever to get something done or may never get it done......my mom has had it for about1 month or 2 and she hasn't had any problems because she has everything she needs with SERO

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...