Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

buying a phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ali834, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ali834

ali834 New Member

hi, i was searching the net for help with my problem and i came across this site, so i thought maybe someone here could help me.

i want to buy a new phone for sprint but i have to buy it alone, if i bought it from sprint i only get 75 dollars off, or i can wait months to get 150 dollars off and i dont wanna do that. so i was wondering if anybody knew a site where i could get a nice deal on a new phone (a blade or that pda treo thing) without having to sign up for a new contract. thanks.

2. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Have you checked on ebay yet? I know a few people that has had good luck finding a phone there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I agree with the previous post. If you want a phone for cheaper than full price without resigning a contract, ebay is about your only safe bet.

4. ali834

ali834 New Member

i checked ebay, but only for the blade. and all the good prices for that phone need activation with it too. maybe ill check some other phones. do you guys recommend that treo pda phone? i dont know much about it. which other phones should i shop for?

5. ali834

ali834 New Member

my first choice is the blade, but if you guys have anything else in mind please let me know and ill search it on ebay, it doesnt look like ill get a blade for a good price right now.

6. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I wouldn't go with the Treo 650, as the 700p should be out in April. Also the 650 isn't a EVDO (Power Vision) device. I would look at the a920. It is slightly smaller then the a900, but not as thin. But it dose comes with a transflash slot for expandable memory, which the a900 dosn't have. And the a920 has been getting very good reviews.

7. ali834

ali834 New Member

thanks,
    well i looked for the a920 and other phones on ebay and they dont have any great prices, any ideas?

8. GemmaKnight

GemmaKnight New Member

Greeting's ali834]hi. Unfortunatly I don't think a site like that exsists. I was in a similar situation a short time ago and I had to sign a new contract to get the phone that I REALLY wanted. Anyway, good luck with your search! :)

9. SprintEnigma

SprintEnigma New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung 920
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT
    Just be careful on Ebay. We just had a customer come in yeasterday that bought a 6700 (the pocket pc) from there and it had been reported stolen. Make sure you cover your bases before you buy it.