Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bset Verizon phone for fringe areas?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by JH, Aug 25, 2002.

1. JH

JH New Member

I started another thread on why can't I get a signal on a new Sprint account, and it was suggested to use a different phone(Sprint). That was just a tiny bit better, but still not good enough to make a call.

If I was to keep Verizon service, what would be the phone I should try out? I have an old dual band Star-Tac.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Definetly think about getting the Mot 270c. I live in a fringe area and most of my friends use Verizon and everyone dropps calls in my house with the exception of 2 friends that have 270c's they never have a dropped call at my place. As soon as I can cough up the 200 bucks to buy the phone out of contract I'm getting it.

3. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Try the Kyocera 2235, maybe... I've heard its reception is really good. I don't live in a fringe area, so I don't know exactly how good their fringe reception is, but I can make perfectly clear calls with 1 bar of signal... The phone is also reasonably priced and packed with features. [​IMG]

and I do agree, I've known Motorolas to have good reception qualities.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    My Samsung T300 seems to get very good signal in weak areas(much better than my old Kyocera 2135). Might try looking into the Samsung Verizon phones.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I use to work for verizon and Kyocera make the cdma chips that are in the phones. Maybe it's sheer luck but, Kyocera phones also seemed to get the best signal strength. The only downside to their phones is a really short battery life. (you also can't plug the phone in and talk and charge)

6. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

The good old bag phone is the best. I borrowed my friends old Bell Atlantic Mobile bag phone for a while to fool around with it. While in my basement I got 3 bars, yes it is analog but still, I get no signal with other Verizon phones, none with Voicstream, and 1-2 with ATT.

Just thought you may be interested. [​IMG]

7. CDMARULES

CDMARULES New Member

actually qualcomm makes the cdma chips but yes kyocera are the best for fringe areas, but try anything tri-mode