Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Brother needs HELP!

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by allteldecade, Aug 6, 2008.

1. allteldecade

allteldecade New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3C
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    My brother's ROKR that he hasn't had but maybe a couple months just called from his wife's phone and said his got washed in the washing machine. He says he has insurance (I never get it because the phones I usually get are the cheap ones they are phasing out anyhow) and he's wondering if he's totally screwed or what. He said the dots in the back are red, and it is now air-drying. Will he be covered? I'm sure he'll have to pay a deductable anyhow, right?
    Thanks. I only ask because since I don't have insurance I just don't know.

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

How did your brother's PHONE call you from his wif'e's phone? I'm glad my phone is ground so it can't do that!! (Re-read your first sentence if you don't get what I'm talking about).

Insurance will probably replace the phone, but they do reserve the right to NOT replace phones. That doesn't happen very often, though.

3. allteldecade

allteldecade New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3C
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sorry, he called me in a panic and I guess I got carried away...oops I'll slow down next time.

4. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    Insurance covers anything you do to your phone unless you say you damaged your phone on purpose. How ever there is a deductible you must pay before you receive your phone! Depends on the model but either $50.00 or $95.00 ........If you want to get the phone at a local corp owned retail store you should first call and report the claim and one important note you must call with in 30 days from the date you damaged your phone to file the claim and then pick up your phone from the local retail store with in 30 days from the date your claim is approved if you choose to get it from the store. (you have a choice to have it shipped straight from asurion) the number to file a claim is 888-723-3360 hope this helps!!!!

5. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Side note: most stores do NOT carry replacement phones for either XBM (warranty) replacement or insurance claims. Your best bet is to have Asurion ship the phone instead of wasting gas driving to a sales office.

6. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    that is not true either. the carrier I work for does carrier the replacement phones for insurance claims. If we don't have your exact model we will give you a replacement phone at no additional cost to the customer that is as close to your phone as we can get. Sounds like you had a bad experience with a sales rep. I hate that! I try to be as fair to everyone as I can. We all are like that at my store!

7. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

...which is why I said "most" stores. A huge majority of company stores do NOT carry replacements in stock.

8. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    You shold contact 888-723-3360 if you have Alltel and file a claim. You can either replace the phone by paying your dedutible over the phone and have a phone mailed to you or go to the local store and pay your dedutible there. They WILL REPLACE your phone there. Alltel always have a replacement whether it is the same model or a newer one that is similar to yours...

9. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

I say again...MOST retail offices do NOT carry replacement phones. This is corporate policy. Further, I am dropping further comments on the subject (probably to others' relief).

10. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Ok no need for the fighting,,,most cell companies will replace the phones, but usually have to order them, they do not have ALOT of phones for replacement on hand, so you might get lucky and have one with replacements, but usually they do not have them, and your carrier needs to put in an order with it showing you have ins. yes you may have to pay a deductable fee also. I just had one replaced and had to wait a week for a new phone, BUT no fee, I got mine free of charge so it all depends on the store....RIGHT??:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

No, not right. If it was replaced free of charge then it was not done via Asurion (the insurance carrier). They would have charged you the deductible. It sounds like your phone was replaced via XBM instead. They are two different programs pulling from two different sets of inventory: Asurion (insurance) or Alltel (XBM) phones.

12. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well, it was replaced free of charge, and I am a Sprint customer, not Alltel, and DO not tell me I was wrong, I had my phone replaced with NO charge at a Sprint store, and yes I do have ins. That guy said he had no ins., but his brother did, yes some do charge a deductable, but I was not, just saying what I had done with my phone. OK??:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Why are you comparing your service with Sprint with Alltel? I was RIGHT in regards to the process with Alltel and Asurion, the insurance carrier they use. You have Sprint, FINE, but please don't tell me I'm wrong about Alltel service.

It also would have helped if you had MENTIONED you were talking about Sprint.

14. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No problem MAN, I was stating on how things worked for me and not you, I know nothing about Alltel and do not want to know, I have a good service, so I really do not care, he asked and I told about what happened with my service of getting my phone replaced, it sometimes is nice to know what others offer out there, just in case, that is why there are forums like this one to inform people and others on what is out there and what it is all about..RIGHT??;)

15. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Just a reminder here... Differing opinions are welcome, but let's please keep it polite and civil.

-Jay

16. Jailbreak

Jailbreak New Member

My Phone:
    LG AX830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel/Verizon
    I know that certain insurance covers everything BUT theft and water damage.So hopefully they can help him out.If not...its GOPhone time!

17. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Insurance covers water damage.

18. Jailbreak

Jailbreak New Member

My Phone:
    LG AX830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel/Verizon
    I am talking about third party insurance,like Best Buy Mobile,Radio Shack,etc....Pretty much all of the major carrier insurance does cover it though,your right.

19. envygeeks

envygeeks New Member

My Phone:
    HTC PPC6800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Thought I would correct you ahead of time. Insurance covers ANYTHING your warranty doesn't including things you do to your own phone (at least this is what the insurance lady told me.) For example, I've bricked a phone putting newer versions of WM on it and insurance replaced it after I told them i did so. I've also thrown a phone against a wall on a dropped call multiple times and insurance has covered that. You have up to 3 claims a year. Insurance also covers lost and stolen phones. My sister got her phone stolen (it was on my contract) they replaced it the same day after I called the cops and reported it and obtained a case number.

20. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

2 claims, not 3. Otherwise that is correct.