Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Broadband card/antenna woes

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by mignic, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mignic

mignic New Member

Help!!! I ordered a Huawei EC360 card for my dell inspiron 1501 laptop and a adapter cable for it that goes with my wilson trucker antenna. Got it today but it doesnt fit in my laptop. I've never used a card before. Are there different kinds? Also I can't find a port on it for the antenna altho it's supposed to take an antenna. Right now I'm using Alltel's pantech device for my service but I need a good idea on how to use an antenna as I usually use it in my vehicle.

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Odd. Can you take some pictures?

3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

There are three different form factors for aircards: PC Card type II, ExpressCard34 and USB. USB is universal as long as the computer in question has an open USB port, but the other two are hardware dependent and are not cross compatable. The cards are different sizes with different pin setups.

You need to get the correct card for your machine.

4. mignic

mignic New Member

Thanks.... I also found out my um175 has an antenna port so I don't even need the ec360. But I still can't find the port on the ec360 - do some of them not have an antenna port?