Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Brainerd MN EVDO

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by cukoz, Mar 31, 2007.

1. cukoz

cukoz Junior Member

Was up in Brainerd MN this past week and noticed that there is EVDO from St. Cloud all the way up to Brainerd. Any word on when they are going to show all the EVDO coverage on the map or when they'll change Minneapolis over to REV A?

Also more importantly, it seems like Sprint is concentrating on upgrading current EVDO to Rev A, but what is the plan for areas where they have 1xrt right now which is along most of there major highway coverage.

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well i would guess that like you said their focus is to upgrade EV-DO Rev 0 towers to Rev A and all new towers that they put in would only make sense to be Rev A as well...........also some of their priorities might be based around the metro areas and the population and other factors

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DanPFW

DanPFW Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MotoK1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    CDMA
    Since this is an affiliate market, I'd guess it depends on who's paying for the upgrades? I doubt Northern PCS has a lot of disposable cash laying around for annual equipment upgrades.

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    no..........those little carriers aren't focused on data.........IMMIX Wireless.........which is the only regional carrier here in SE Pennsylvania just got data the past few months

btw...........i'm pretty sure it's only GPRS............i think they have agreements with Cingular and T-Mobile to have data when IMMIX customers roam on them.......but in this area on IMMIXs own towers...........i think that they have some sort of agreement with T-Mobile and Cingular in the home area to share data

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...