Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Boston, MA- who has the best reception?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by mackrochips, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mackrochips

mackrochips New Member

I've had Verizon since the Millenium, but now that I can opt out due to the recent V710 settlement I'm looking for the best deal, and was wondering what the word was for best reception in Boston out of Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular, etc...

Thanks

2. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    For Best reception , It's VZW & CING.
    For "deals" ... possibly T-mobile or Sprint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Try T-Mobile or a SPRINT SERO plan...The SERO plan can't be beat and I'm sure coverage is adequate.

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Best reception: T-Mobile

Everywhere in the Boston area where I've taken my T-Mobile phones, past and present, they have all displayed full signal (all 4 bars (Nokia 6101) or all 7 bars (Nokia 3595/6010/6800)).

(I cannot say the same regarding Verizon. My Verizon Nokia 2128i displays 2-3 bars tops (out of 7), if the phone is not immediately next to a Verizon cellsite in most areas. The only place where the Verizon phone displayed full signal in the Boston area without any visible Verizon cellsites, was in Cambridge along Memorial Drive.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

What about Coverage in Boston's New Multi Billion Tunnel?

6. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I have yet to travel through the new tunnels, so I do not know how good or bad the signals are.

7. DeathRider

DeathRider Member

My Phone:
    LG Dare
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My brother had TM, lost reception all the time in the Natick/Wellesley area on Rte. 9.

He has had Sprint for the last 2 years. Just signed up for another 2 after CSR finally fixed his phone upgrade problems (changed ESN/phone when orig was washed and then changed back when dried out). Sprint seems to reset your phone upgrade status when you change ESNs, even if it's an old phone you still had (or one you purchased on ebay, ie non subsidized) and not the date you purchased the last phone through them [Sprint].

I have had Verizon for the last 9+ years and drive Ma to NJ and even down to NC without ever remembering having reception problems - except boonies in CT. (in Va, had to do a cc card call before VZW purchased area company).

Haven't had any problems when I've been in Boston (never made a call while in the Tunnels, was too busy driving:eek: