Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Boost vs Ampd

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by Harold938, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Harold938

Harold938 Banned

I'm looking to upgrade my .10 cent phone for something better but

So i went into a sprint "where they REALLY overcharge boost phone OMG !

anyway i spoke to the reps and i ask about premium plan and pay only $30 per a boost refill becaise i going to buy a $20 with my $10 that i get 4 free and he told that if i do that i will get my premium plan

and also he confirm me that i can deactivated my DC so i woint lose money

"and one can confirm or not"

and is there any amps customer here

and i'm looking at the .10 cent a minutes for prepaid

and i'm ether going for the "for the cellphone"

Hollywood - $49 after $100 mail in rebate
    or
    Grey Moto $99 after $100 mail in rebate

Now they have this ad say "did you buy your amps for the prepaid from the retailer - did the retail will allow to see this phone as pay as you go " now "

so if i go to a best buy will i buy this phone as "pay as you go" not contract

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i had Boost they were awful.......never ge tthem............cost to much........customer service sucks........and in general all of their features result in billing problems..........just dont get them..........and AMP'd uses Verizon so the coverage will be better and the data is faster on AMP'd because Verizon lets them use their EV-DO network

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Harold938

Harold938 Banned

yea can you do me a smaill favor

"whoever have this phone or if you know the" feature of the Hollywood plz

I just look at "cnet" and i see they have a review of the hollywood and a video but the person "chinese female" she was speak so low that i have to play the video 10 times "LADY SPEAK UP" :mad:

anyway

So i when to cnet and the review " and is mix some good and some bad "

but you get that with carrier " like my experience nightmare wirh sprint "

and also can anyone confirm that off there website "is not there"

they have "quote:did you buy a amp'd phone from a retailer" and is said right next to it "pay as you go"

so is amp'd selling there phone for all ther plan "with the difference charges for the phone depend on the service !

and is amp'd big brother to verizon " i know you say no "

but look at sprint/nextel " they sell boost and virgin "

4. bhart2489

bhart2489 New Member

hi just got ampd and the Hollywood its a nice phone. is a mp3 player 1.3 mp cam and camcorder. came with i nice set ho headphones and a 128mb mini sd card. i got the hybrid plan if your going for prepayed do that $30 for 500min or $50 for 1000.

ps i think the phone is free after rebate