Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Boost Mobile

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Gideon H, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    PhoneScoop added Boost Mobile on it's line-up of carriers today. They also re-arranged some carriers to adjust to their sizes. Has anyone used Boost Mobile? I may get a phone as a secondary (I have family with Nextel in MA).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    We have some at our office sometimes that we rent out. They seem to work very well, and of course use the Nextel network. The real nice feature is being able to DC people for cheap!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Hmm maybe I'll get one then... my family in MA actually tried getting me to get Nextel instead of Cingular lmao. Good thing there's Boost!

4. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    $1 per day for unlimited Direct Connect is very good. I don't know if I would want to have an entire coversation over DC, but it could be done. Think about how annoying it would be!

I guess though for the price, it would be a good thing...

5. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I always like DC for the things that just waste minutes on a phone call. For example, asking someone what to get at the store because you forgot, giving someone directions, using them for work, etc. It can be very useful. And I also agree with how entire conversations over DC can be annoying... I've done it and almost decided to chirp back and the damn phone to leave me alone lmao (not to mention the person who kept talking!). Yea I'm just a wee bit crazy sometimes :p.

6. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Exactly the reason that there are so many business customers. You don't waste time on the phone, but rather are able to get the message across quick and effeciently...

7. KE6ALV

KE6ALV New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    correction

It's $1.50 per day.

I used to use mine for work, but they don't reimburse me, and it gets pretty expensive. I mainly use it as a back up phone for when I'm in Cingular dead spot, and also for WAP at $0.20 per day unlimited use!

8. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Re: correction

I just saw the Boost phones at Best Buy yesterday and it's $1 a day. It says it on the phone packages themselves and on posters.

9. KE6ALV

KE6ALV New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Re: correction

Something isn't right, as I've been paying $1.50 for the past year, and their site shows $1.50. I just checked my account, and the last day I used it I was charged $1.50. If this is some kind of Best Buy special, that's not fair to everybody else. It sure would be nice if they lowered the rate...

10. dmarkson

dmarkson New England Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    9530, v3xx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T, TMO, USC, BOOST, VIRG, PP
    DC has been $1.50/day for over a year. Best buy must have some really old info.

Boost works great, and starting last month you can get local numbers here in eastern New England.

11. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    How can Best Buy have old info? It's a new stand with their new phones... $1/day posted right on them.

12. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    When I get back to Arizona I'll triple-check at my Best Buy store.

13. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Well I went back. The phones still have $1 a day posted right on them. Best Buy did say, however, that Boost Mobile will charge $1.50 a day even though it was $1 only a short time ago. They also said it may differ by Market but Boost Mobile's website has just one price ($1.50) so I tend not to believe Best Buy.

14. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That is quite silly. If I were to get a boost phone, I would do it under the pretenses that it would be $1.50 per day with the information that you have...

15. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I didn't mean that I believe that it's only $1/day, I'm saying I don't believe the excuses Best Buy is putting out for having Boost Mobile phones with old packaging. I don't believe them when they say that it was $1/day only a short time ago, and I don't believe them when they say it varies by market. So what I am saying is that it really is $1.50/day and that Best Buy needs to get their stories straight.

16. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    OK, basically what I was thinking as well...

17. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Ok well I got the i285. Pretty nice phone. Heavier than I thought it would be, and you can't have wallpapers like I thought, but nice. The coverage is weird at my house, but in town its pretty good. I just may keep it lol.

18. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Very nice...Have fun with the PTT stuff. I liked it when i was able to use it with my co-workers...