Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Boost Mobile?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by TWX, Oct 8, 2006.

1. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I was just wondering how is Boost Mobile??? I know they run off of the iDen Network, but was just considering getting a pre-paid plan with them.

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    As far as I know, Boost mobile is just Nextel Prepaid aimed at the younger audience (media and so forth) I've contemplated it off and on, considering the fact that they are pushing the envelope with their new media productions. Wish I could be of more help about the device and signal quality, the best I can offer you is their coverage is identical to Nextel so look up what nextel covers for you. And remember "WhereYouAt?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Looks like you'll have decent coverage around Rogers City. But there will be dead spots when you drive a few miles outside it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ic, I'm not too sure about getting them now. Last night I did same Caculations on the pricing, and if I were to get the Premium Pre-paid $50, I would have 400 minutes. It sounds like alot. But in reality I average about minutes a day on my phone, so in 20 days I would already 400 minutes, so then I would have to go back and buy $50 more, and this wouldn't even be a month. so my monthly bill would be about $100. But now since that, I think im going to stay with Alltel and only pay $70 a month for 1200 Greater Freedom :D

This is my 50th post lol. :)

5. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Haha, yeah. The good thing about a lot of prepaids are the texting plans. But other then that they don't compare to postpaid.

6. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    See if you didn't spend so much time on the phone Boost Mobile might have worked for you :p

7. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Lol yep. :D

8. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i have boost mobile and here are some pointers......most of them cons:

1)the customer service sucks.....half the time they dont know wat your tlkn about.....some of the services they havent even heard of....the one time i called i thought the lady i was tlkn to fell asleep

2)like nextel the text messaging is incredibly slow.......and it really all depends on the traffic of nextels network as a whole cuz in the mornings around six my txting will work like any other phone but during the day it may take 5-7 minutes for a txt to be delivered......i sent a friend a txt this morning...........she sent a response and i didnt get it til 4 this afternoon

3)the phones have the craziest internal probs......i got this phone i have in June and now its being retarded.......i will have full battery and then it will say low battery and die...........in the morning the night after i charged it and it said fully charged i made a phone call and the person picked up the call held for 5 seconds then the phone said low battery and died.......and the phone randomly resets.........and sometimes when i turn it on it might start going throught the opening splash screens....itll get to the las screen and then it will reset......it will do this in a constant loop until you pop out the battery.....

4)the pricing is really expensive........wat Boost offers you in the premium prepaid can be paid for around 30 or more on sprint but these plans start at 30 dollars and that plan doesnt even include minutes or unlimited texts or unlimited walkie talkie......so the pricing is a rip off.......

pros:

1)pay as you go CHIRP (but even that is expensive so i dont use it)