Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Boost and Palm Treo

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by debra1854, Jun 13, 2010.

1. debra1854

debra1854 New Member

Can I use a palm Treo with boost Mobile ? My daughter gave me one she used on at&t

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    No. Although Boost uses SIM cards like AT&T. They are not even remotely compatible. Boost uses iDEN network technology and AT&T uses GSM-based network technology. Two completely unrelated and incompatible technologies.

AT&T phones (unlocked) can be used with T-Mobile and other GSM carriers.

Boost phones can only be used (unlocked) with other iDEN carriers like (parent) Nextel.

CDMA network technology is used by Verizon, Sprint, USCellular, old Alltel, MetroPCS, and Cricket, to name a few. This network technology is also incompatible with GSM and iDEN. SIM cards are not used by CDMA providers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...