Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bluetooth - Help someone stupid...

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by French, May 13, 2004.

1. French

French New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    O.k., I keep reading about Bluetooth.

Can you all help me? What is Bluetooth? I mean, I (think) I know it's technology...but what exactly can I do with it? It sounds like I can access internet with it. What else?

I thought I saw a hands free car kit...and it sounded like the kit would work with any Bluetooth phone. This I can see as good. I had a hands free kit installed in a car a long time ago, and once I got rid of the phone, the whole kit had to go. It wasn't compatible with anything else.

I have seen Bluetooth hands free devices...but not sure how good they are since they have their own battery and that would require being charged, etc.

So what else? Where is it now, and where is it going? What is it for?

Thank you for your patience.

2. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    It is a short range 2.4 GHz radio network. The initial hope was that it would connect all devices wirelessly. The first version did not quite live up to expectations and it took years to get the next version out.

Now IEEE is working on it. Things will happen fast. :D

3. CWick

CWick Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It will allow you to connect your phone to computers, PDA, headseats, speakers, car audio systems.....all without wires.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. French

French New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon