Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bluetooth and Data Transfer with Nokia 6310i

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by DrDick, Oct 26, 2002.

1. DrDick

DrDick New Member

I have a Nokia 6310i with service by T-Mobile. I purchased a Belkin USB Bluetooth Adapter (F8T020) and am able to get my computer (1.33 Athlon MB running Windows 2000 Pro) to use the 6310i as a Bluetooth Modem.

However, I downloaded the Nokia PC Suite software for this phone and cannot upload or download address books or ring tones or anything. Do any of you have any idea how to make that happen. Do you need to use the data cable with the PC Suite Software or what? Kind of sad to have to so that. I'd really like to use bluetooth for all of that. Maybe it's something to do with the Bluetooth adapter not being a Nokia adapter, the PC suite software not recognizing the adapter, or something else.

Any thoughts?

Dick Gleason
    [​IMG]

2. leocom

leocom New Member

It's the Nokia proprietary card: their software can only recognise a Nokia BT card and nothing else. I got this problem with my Vaio SRX51, which sees the phone i its 'Blue Space' but the Nokia software doesn't ?!! Prior to this I was successfully synchronising my 6310i with Outlook on my previous Toshiba laptop via infrared. Now the Sony doesn't have IR and the Nokia suite only works with their own API for their card :-(
    The 'dirty' way out is to forget BT and synchronise via cable: this will always work (just like walking will always work when your car lets you down) - back to the stone age...
    My hope is that either Nokia will update their software and a next release will be less xenofobic, or some smart hacker will create a workaround patch for it.

If you ever hear of a solution, let us all know (there are more unhappy users around, as the Nokia support guy told me on the phone).

Leo

3. GCM3

GCM3 New Member

Hi, it's sad that Nokia has done this. I was so excited getting a 6310i phone and a billonton Bluetooth adapter. Everything else works but no PC Suite. Does anyone have a workaround? [​IMG]

4. Amberlodge

Amberlodge New Member

I was having the same problem with my new Nokia 6310i. I bought an adaptor and my laptop would see the mobile, but the mobile would not see anything.

It took a lot of digging but the answer is that that is how they have made it. The only thing you can do with the Bluetooth is to send a Business Card.

Try it. Find a number in your phonebook and chose to send a Business Card and sending by Bluetooth will be available and it will work. You have no chance of anything more because itd not designed to do anymore.

Amberlodge