Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bluegrass Cellular Vs. AT&T

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by RPD709, Apr 14, 2008.

1. RPD709

RPD709 New Member

I've had AT&T Wireless for the last 4 years or so and actually I'm getting fed up with their coverage...

I live in Breckinridge County on Highway 86 which is a primary road that connects Hardinsburg to Elizabethtown and there is absolutely no signal on 86 upto US 60 and then from US 60 to Harned, KY.

I could name locations right off the top of my head with no problems at all and it really :censored: me off.

I've called and called with no success at all.

I'm thinking about switching to Bluegrass Cellular for my cellular needs.

They are currently overhauling highway 86 with their cell towers and great signal all over the place with them and central Kentucky.

I would get the nationwide plan 49.99 If I decided to switch but I'm looking for thoughts about the switch.

Also recommend a phone they carry?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. nkwalter

nkwalter New Member

I've got a good friend in Louisville who's got Bluegrass. I'll check with him and get some info back to you....

This may take a few days, please be patient!

3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Typically regional carriers fill out their network better then bigger ones because they have the ability to really know their areas well. But it all depends. Hopefully nkwalter can provide some third hand feedback. I haven't heard anything bad about bluegrass...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ive got a friend who live about 6 miles from e-town in rte 86..gets 4-5 bars inside house at all times.with Bluegrass... He actually switched from Sprint..which had 0-1 brs even outside his house!!!! hope this helps!! Not sure about their phones..but the LGs are nice....I love my LG Venus!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nkwalter

nkwalter New Member

OK, here's the scoop - sorry for the delay!

My friend says Bluegrass rocks if you stay primarily in central KY. He said when he goes into Louisville he's roaming, but Bluegrass covers 38 counties in Kentucky overall.

He said there are some dead areas, but those areas are dead for ALL carriers, not just Bluegrass. He didn't go into any detail on where they were. He is familiar with your area, although he lives in a different county.

He said that while he has Bluegrass, his wife has AT & T. In their location, only his phone has reception inside their house. Traveling around Kentucky, his phone has overall better reception than hers.

In a word, he loves Bluegrass!

Good luck with the decision...

PS - His plan has 2000 minutes, with 400 texts and 200 minutes free roaming and he pays between $30-$50.

6. kydude50

kydude50 New Member

My Phone:
    LG 3280
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Hi, I live on Hwy 86...i'm about 18 miles west of Elizabethtown, i'm using a Tracfone phone and my provider is Verizon..it's roaming off the bluegrass towers...since the phone is a single rate phone it cost's no more as if i were in my home coverage area....plus i have the DMFL card installed on my phone...my cost is much better than bluegrass as for as the prepaid goes...you might consider a CDMA single rate phone from tracfone over bluegrass if you decide to go for a prepaid phone...i'm happy with my phone and service...i'd like to switch to a Net 10 if i could find one of their CDMA models around here locally...10 cents a minute 24/7 ain't bad for a prepaid phone.