Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bloomsburg, Berwick, Millville -- VZW/Cingular

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by berger1, Aug 6, 2005.

1. berger1

berger1 New Member

anyone live in one of these three towns and can comment on service with verizon or cingular ? I travel to millville frequently where there's no GSM coverage from cingular, but VZ users get a couple bars.

i'm talking about PA by the way

thanks.

2. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

frequently?
    Like when was the last time?
    VZ gets couple of Bars and No Cingular GSM signal in these 3 towns?
    You sure?
    Not about sure about millville(it may have coverage now)
    but the other 2 towns has coverage definitely.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 jones, Aug 7, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  3. berger1

berger1 New Member

I'm satisfied with GSM coverage for danville and bloomsburg, but in millville I have to stand on my porch outside (2nd floor) to get 1 bar. I have filled out network issue forms with cingular too. Everyone that has VZW gets decent coverage; I'm trying to figure out why cingular hasn't put a tower nearby, when there are loads of them in and around bloomsburg.

4. berger1

berger1 New Member

by the way, has anyone found out how many new cell sites are going up in PA from cingular ? i see NY/NJ and the others are getting lots of new sites.

5. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

customer input is sometimes better than field testers
    that does a drive testing.
    Also the Phone, as many posters here will tell you
    different phones have diff RF capability.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 jones, Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  6. berger1

berger1 New Member

in millville, I was able to receive calls inside while the phone sat on my bed, no where else inside(moto v220). I couldn't make calls, but I could send text (1 bar - 2). Using a Siemens M56 now and only get a bar on the porch, no where else.

7. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you read the thread on the new site's going up in the greater Philly area, it give some counties in PA that are getting towers, I don't know all the counties in PA to say how far away from Philly they are and every day or 2 they are posting new articles on where they are adding cell sites, so I am sure more of PA will be announced soon.

8. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    If you know for sure that another carrier works in those towns mentioned then it might be a good idea to check them out and try them for their trial period and switch, at least until Cingular gets towers up in the area, unless you don't travel there enough to make up for the switch.