Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Blocking spam text?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by aznfirefly1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. aznfirefly1

aznfirefly1 New Member

hello... I'm new and I came across this site and thought hm... maybe these people can help me....

well I have a Samsung SGH T-509 cellphone it seems that I'm gettiing spam text messages

I looked it up and read that the site that the people sending me these spam text messages are experts and when you go to the site, it gives a virus to the computer. The only number that I can reply to is 3700 and it doesn't work either.
    Many other people are getting also getting these spam and they have no choice but to change their numbers...
    I was wondering if there was any other way to blocking these text messages...

So can someone help me?

2. aznfirefly1

aznfirefly1 New Member

btw in the text it has the the url: worlddwins.com

3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    You can try contacting your cell phone provider (T-Mobile I assume?) and let them know. They should be able to filter the spam before it enters their network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Rule #1: If you do not know who sent the text don't go to any web address or open any attachments.

I had a problem with spam texts a while back and since I rarely use the function I actually called customer service. They removed the texts from my bill, and temporarily suspended my texts. These people were texting me 5 times a day so I turned off texting for a few days. I guess after it bounced several times they removed me from their list because when it was turned back on I didn't have any more texts.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    thats actually a good idea jay.

if that fails the other option is to change your phone number.

6. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I didn't think a text message could bounce back to the sender. Do you have delivery reports turned on at the phone?

7. Chinasaur

Chinasaur Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    There is no way to block unsolicited texts on T-Mobiles netowrk. In fact, a Class Action suit is now progressing through the courts because T-Mobile refuses to allow a means to block these messages, yet charges customers for receiving these mssages.

Some people have reported that when they report these unsolicited texts, if they ask for compensatory text messages in return, CS will often give them a bucket (10-30) free msgs as a way of compensation.

Luck.

8. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    No, its just relying on a basic principle of business and the internet. These people spamming with text aren't spamming you with phones, they are spamming you with computers via email and the internet. If you disable texts they should get a "Returned Mail: User Unknown" bounce back.

-Jay

9. olubolu

olubolu Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG SHINE red
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile and Verizon Wireless
    I've received a bunch of spam texts on my tmo cell as well. It seemed to have started after I downloaded a ringtone from tzones that I could not put together myself and bluetooth to myself. I called tmo and told them about this basically hinting that they are responsible for my spam it seems to have stopped. I'm still crossing my fingers though since there were major lag times between spam-filled days....

10. vcmike

vcmike New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6101
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I had the same problem a while back & T-Mo CC helped me out. I also read that you can go to My T-Mobile---communication tools---create e-mail filters---block all messages from e-mail to handset. Hope that helps.:)
    Mike

11. olubolu

olubolu Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG SHINE red
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks Mike!:D I'm going to complete that step as well just to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

12. lindseyray

lindseyray New Member

Sign into your my T-mobile account online. Go to communication tools and then to spam filters. Use the filter where you can put in specifics and choose to block all messages to the handset coming from that number!

13. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I get about 6 of these each day since getting a new TMobile number:

3801 notify@notify.com-monitor.com/DOTCOM-MONITOR: Problem found in Angel Support Apache/Error occurred during the device monitoring at 2/28/2008 12:38:33 PM

or

3854 support@angel.com / / SiteScope CPU Utilization on 10.15.132.92.01 Performance WevbAndApp 137929 505 avg, cup1 49%, cpu2 52%, cpu3 48%, cpu4 49% (this one was dated 2/26/2008 at 12.12 PM)

I've contacted the businesses at the various domains that appear, they've been sympathetic but indicate they can't help.

14. olubolu

olubolu Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG SHINE red
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You'll probably want to try the email blocker from within tmobile.com that Mike mentioned in his earlier post. I've completed that step as well and am happy to say I haven't been receiving any more spam texts lately.

15. lindseyray

lindseyray New Member

Also try replying with just the word "stop". The system recognizes this as a prompt to cancel "subscription"

16. olubolu

olubolu Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG SHINE red
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Oh I definitely tried that, it didn't help. I kept getting them even after texting stop.

17. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    These error messages appear to be Apache web server errors. In all probability, the phone number you now have, may have been assigned to the web administrator at the sites in question, at one time and their server was set to send error indications to to the admin's mobile phone e-mail address.

The current admin at those sites needs to look at the server settings pertaining to the e-mail settings for error messages and should discover that the error messages are (now) erroneously being sent to your phone. If they cannot or will not, then my suggestion would be to call T-Mobile, tell them what is happening (they should be able to see all those incoming messages) and provide you with a new phone number that hopefully, will not give you further problems.

18. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks - good idea about calling TMobile.

I've been in contact with the message sources (IVR companies) and they are trying to be helpful but don't seem to be making any headway.

Even though the number is relatively new to me (2 weeks), I really hate to switch things what with My Favs and all that....but if the senders can't stop the messages, I will do just that.

Thanks again.

Brad

19. T20

T20 New Member

The email filter on Tmobile's site only block emails, not text messages. I found a tip from another site, but I don't know if its working or not. You need to go into your phone's messaging setting and change the service center number, however, this tip will block all your text messaging ability. My parents and I don't use text messaging anyway, so its no big deal for me. I changed the number by deleting the last number(from 1206313004 to 12063100).
    Razer phone: Main menu->messages->menu->message setup->Srvce Center No
    SE W850i: Menu->Messaging->Settings->Text message->Service Centre

20. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks for another good tip. I finally was able to work with the sources of the messages (some sort of activity notice for a server capacity or something) and get them stopped. Nothing further thank goodness.

Brad

21. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    another thing to do is change your marketing preferrences in mytmobile under your profile

22. crisplex1

crisplex1 New Member

So who does one go to when the mobile operators cannot help?