Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Blackberry without Blackberry data plan

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by SmArTeStChIlD421, Nov 21, 2007.

1. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm on a SERO plan and I'm considering buying the Blackberry 8830 World edition at full retail price cuz im going overseas next summer and i really need an all-in one device like that..............overall i feel that this is the device i want........but i have a question.......when one is purchased with new two year service the checkout site forces you to have the blackberry data plan attached.....................if i buy it for full retail and activate it will i have to add that data plan or will the Power Vision that is provided with my SERO plan be sufficient

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I dont know to many details but you DO have to have a blackberry plan cause nothing on your phone will work without it. I think if someone bought one of ebay then came to sprint as a new customer you are still required to do this because they just require it stupid i know. I love blackberry think they are the best built phone. I would suggest just getting a cheap pre paid quad band phone and unlock it and go from there.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i really like this blackberry though!!!! :lmao:

but yeah........why wouldnt stuff on the phone work???? i mean the only thing that is unique to a Blackberry is the Blackberry Enterprise features and some Push Email

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    This is where somone who has this is going to have to come in cause I am not sure. Sorry

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah thats fine.......i guess we just have to wait for Larry.......lol :D

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Honestly no offense larry if you read this but I would wait tell anthromatt reads this he has sprint and blackberry so he has one up on all of us.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    true dat.....point taken

8. txchick1971

txchick1971 New Member

i was told you don't need the data plan.........BUT if you get the blackberry 8830 with a rebate, you will have to add the data plan in order to qualify for the rebate..........but i also heard that aftter the down week next week, they will release the blackberry power vision plan for 30 bucks which includes text, inet, and data...........i know that with the data package you have to have it to use your phone as a modem but that's it.........anyways, good luck

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well i have SERO so power vision is already included.......i wonder what they will do about that..........

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    so i called in and i told them that all i wanted to do with it was

-phone calls
    -text messaging
    -Gmail IMAP access
    -the web

and the rep said that i could do all of that without a Blackberry add on plan......of course on Sprints site it mentions Blackberry Internet Service.......will that still work if i dont get that plan.......the rep seemed to think so

11. txchick1971

txchick1971 New Member

yes the internet will work i believe.......you need the blackberry internet data plan if you want to use your phone as a modem for a laptop.........if you wait til next week, you can get the blackberry power vision plan which has the works for 30 bucks i think

12. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    actually they are already offering that with phone as modem for a $15 add on price.......check it out