Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Blackberry sync issue

Discussion in 'Blackberry Phones' started by AJE, Sep 22, 2009.

1. AJE

AJE Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have a user that is syncing their Exchange email wirelessly via BIS and OWA. This is working fine. However the user still needs to connect via USB cable to sync calendar and contacts. When we connect the blackberry the desktop software does not show connected. However if I go into the settings and choose the drop down I see the PIN, so I select it and hit OK. But the desktop software never shows connected. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the desktop software, tried different USB cables/ports, and set up a different "Outlook" profile. The next time I have time to work on this I will probably try creating a new Windows profile and if that doesn't work then call RIM, but figured I would throw this out there for all to see if anyone else has seen a similar problem.

2. paulmac

paulmac Senior Member

My Phone:
    Bionic - Rooted
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have seen this before. Try a different version of the desktop software. I had a similar problem when I upgraded to desktop 5. My storm would not connect anymore. I uninstalled the desktop software and used the CD that came with my storm (Desktop version 4.7 I believe). And once installed my storm connected again with no problem. That was when I was running Vista. Now that I am running windows 7, I am using desktop 5.0 with no issues. I think it is just a driver,desktop version, operating system issue. Makes no sense, I know, but it works. :headscrat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...