Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Blackberry Storm - Launch Day the Saga

Discussion in 'Blackberry Phones' started by paulmac, Nov 21, 2008.

1. paulmac

paulmac Senior Member

My Phone:
    Bionic - Rooted
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just wanted to share my expierence trying to get the storm today, on launch day. I had not planned on going to the verizon store this morning, but while on my way to work I drove by and it did not look too busy, so I thought I would take a chance. I walked in and was greeted by the store manager who asked me if I was there to buy the storm. I said yes, he handed me a storm flyer with a number 11 on it. Then told me how they had only received 10 of them. But I could stay at the store, complete the paperwork have them enter information into the computer and they would ship one to me by Tuesday at the latest. And for the inconvience instead of the $50.00 mail in rebate the rebate would be instant.

There was only a total of 15 of us that showed up early to buy the storm at this store (small town) early this morning. Those of us numbered 11-15 stared talkng to the manager who then told us he had 20 more coming in between 10 and 11 this morning. So we started to ask why after showing up early, standing in line now for 45 minutes we could not be guaranteed one of the 20 phones coming in. The manager did agree to do this even though it was against what verizon wanted done.

A couple hours later I received a phone call from the store telling my my storm was in, and I had an hour to get to the store to claim it. I arrive at the store only to find people from 8am this morning still standing around. Turns out Verizon's entire system crashed and they cannot process any orders. So now the manager agreed that we did not have to stay there and we would be guaranteed our phone, once the system comes back up. It is now approaching 3pm and I am still without my storm.

I think this will be the first and last time I attempt to buy a phone on launch day. More to come, I am sure. Anybody else having this much fun?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    How'd it turn out paulmac? Any luck?

3. paulmac

paulmac Senior Member

My Phone:
    Bionic - Rooted
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The good news is I received a call late Friday night from the Verizon store manager telling me that things were back to normal as far as thier computer systems were concerned, and, they still have a Storm with my name on it and I could pick it up Saturday morning. So looks like at the end of it all, I will finally have one. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Cool:cool: Let us know how you like the device!!! I have to live the experience thru the eyes and hands of others since full retail pricing is cost prohibitive:eek: By the time I'm able to afford it, there will be a Storm 2 (or 3) :rotfl::uppoint:

5. paulmac

paulmac Senior Member

My Phone:
    Bionic - Rooted
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    So far so good. Typing using the touch screen is a little slower but once I get used to it, I am sure it will not be much. The display is great. The display switch from vertical to horizontal is nice, occasional a little lag. Still getting used to the scrolling and the device itself, only had it for about an hour.