Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Blackberry for at&t

Discussion in 'Blackberry Phones' started by Gottachase, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Gottachase

Gottachase Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Blackberry 9800 Torch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hi everyone, I was wondering where i can find a blackberry for at&t not by using eBay or craigslist.

I want one that supports wifi, texting and 3G (UTMS) and EDGE (no data plan). I am also not planning to spend more than 275 dollars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
    Steven

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Gottachase, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Steven,

I am not sure this will work for you, but I would call AT&T and ask them about activating a BB without a data plan. I am about to list a like new condition BB Bold for sale on WA within the next few days. This was the device that got me into BBs and I still consider it to be one of the best reception phones that I have owned. It also has built-in WiFi. Check out the specs (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...?device=BlackBerry®+Bold(TM)&q_sku=sku3060224). I also do not like to use eBay or craigslist and rather deal with people directly. I use PayPal since both parties are fully protected. I have the box the device came in plus all of the original accessories, and documentation that came with the phone. I only used it for approx. 3.5 months and I baby all of my devices. The price will definitely be within your price range. When I sell items I also include in the price that the item will be professionally packed, and I ship ground with tracking and insurance. Let me know if you are interested. I will set up a for sale thread sometime this week with pictures.

Here is an interesting article for you to read:

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2009/...l-require-data-plan-with-smartphone-purchase/

Apparently customers, who activated their smartphones prior to September 6th, may continue to carry around a BlackBerry without a data plan. It looks like you will make it under the wire.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...