Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

blackberry curve sms text problem

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by drew99973, Nov 23, 2008.

1. drew99973

drew99973 New Member

well i just got the blackberry curve and set it up and tested the texting out . Sent a text from my friends phone to the curve...little yellow envelope appears in the top left corner...ok cool....then...um...how do i check the msg? i try scrolling up to the little yellow envelope..nope...

then i try finding an icon that i can click on that goes to my sms txt msgs...nope..

i call my friend who has the same phone and she says...the icon is the 5th one from the left. Nope...that when i scroll to that icon it shows my blackberry address and when i click on it it goes to my blackberry folder.

so what am i doing wrong or is the phone just configured wrong?

2. 21RCA

21RCA Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy Note II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The icon is called "Messages". It looks like a white letter with a blue stamp in the upper right hand corner. If you select that icon and you don't see your text message then click the menu button and select "Options". Scroll down to "View Folder" then to "SMS Inbox". You should see your text messages in there.

To make your text messages show up in your "Messages" icon, select "Messages", press menu button, select "Options" then "General Options". Go down to where it says "SMS and Email Inboxes". It's probably set for "Seperate". Change it to "Combined" or "Theme Controlled".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. drew99973

drew99973 New Member

it was already set to combined

when i click on the mail icon it just goes to my blackberry msgs

4. 21RCA

21RCA Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy Note II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Scroll down to "View Folder" then to "SMS Inbox". You should see your text messages in there.

Their not in there either?

Are you using a custom theme or one of the default ones?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. drew99973

drew99973 New Member

yes if i go that route i can access my sms text msgs. But i want to be able to access them by just clicking on the message icon

no custom theme...i havnt changed anything with the phone

6. 21RCA

21RCA Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy Note II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    You might want to try a battery pull.

7. drew99973

drew99973 New Member

ok tried the battery pull and it didn't change anything

8. drew99973

drew99973 New Member

should i just wipe this phone and start over? i only got it less than a week ago and it's been nothing but problems.

9. 21RCA

21RCA Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy Note II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile BB 8320: BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Sorry I don't know what other setting it could be. I just had to wipe mine for a browser problem and it did the trick for me.

10. drew99973

drew99973 New Member

wiped the phone and that sorted it out. i can see the text icon now

weird