Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

BlackBerry 6: Another Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Blackberry Phones' started by M in LA, Jul 12, 2010.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    RIM Shows Off BlackBerry 6 in Video (Phone Scoop)

Research In Motion today posted a new video demonstration of BlackBerry 6 in action. BlackBerry 6 is the company's brand new operating system, which is set to debut later this year. In the video, RIM provides a better idea of how some features work. It shows off the new WebKit-based browser with visual bookmarks; the social feed software that allows for posting to multiple social networks; the new threaded SMS application; the revised music player; and the revised, touch-optimized user interface. RIM still hasn't said exactly when the new OS will be available in new handsets.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWOkI_Urwo"]YouTube - BlackBerry 6: Another Sneak Peek![/ame]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thanks Mike for the post! I wonder who will get the new BB-6 version 1st? My contracts not up till next Oct-2011...but can upgrade in May-2011. Hope T-Mobile gets a version by then! :D Like what I see on the video.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Is it possible to upgrade an already released phone to OS6? For example, I have a Tour 9630, could I upgrade that?

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    RR, good question and one that is in the minds of all BB owners and being speculated on.

There has not been a definite answer, the only thing that has been established is that any device with less than 256 MB can not be upgraded.

5. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Even so, judging by how long is took for the carrier to roll out BB 5, which is even STILL happening, 6 would be a LONGGGGG way away.