Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Bftd...

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by Jonathan Kramer, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Jonathan Kramer

Jonathan Kramer Telecom Atty/RF Engr.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (as of 8/13/08)
    ...which stands for Back From The Dead (for one more guest appearance). Maybe.

Hi friends:

I know I've been away for a while...lurking, actually, but totally swamped by RL activities.

My telecom/wireless law practice has grown to the point where I have hired my first associate attorney. I'm getting to deal with fascinating wireless matters; lots of private and municipal leasing of land for new wireless sites; helping landlords sell their wireless leases; litigating against tower companies; dealing with FCC matters for my government clients; and handling UDRP matters for my internet domain name clients. As you can imagine, this means lots of travel (Southwest just loves me!).

On top of that, my wireless blog has seemed to gain more than a bit of traction, with blog quotes being regularly included in trade press and mainstream articles. One of the Forbes Magazine blogs just called my TelecomLawFirm.com web site's privacy policy the "Best. Privacy. Policy. Ever" This goes to show just how far western civilization has declined in recent years.

Let's see...I've also just started my second of two years studying for a LL.M degree in Internet and Telecommunications Law (University of Strathclyde). That degree will help me towards my goal of teaching telecom law. BTW, if anyone would like to suggest ideas for my thesis in the area of wireless law, I'd welcome your suggestions.

A few months ago I flew to New Haven to teach a one-day wired/wireless telecom law and technology seminar class at Yale University. Yeah, that Yale. Awfully smart kids.

No, I have not given up snapping hi-res site photos of the good; the bad; and the silly. I'm just so far behind on posting them to my own gallery site, much less to the great gallery here, so I'll start up again soon. I just had a couple of photos published in magazines and trade publications, including one cover shot for an American Planning Association magazine (of the Twisted Tower in ABQ, NM).

Sharon and I are just back from a trip to Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Austria. I took somewhere north of about 4,500 photos, of which you can imagine how many were of sites. Too bad there's not much camo over there. I also came back with a torn meniscus and torn PCL tendon, which will be up-close-and-personally-explored by my surgeon next Wednesday. Getting older sucks. Avoid it if at all possible.

Still doing my wireless lectures. A couple of AGL conferences this year (one yesterday, in fact, via video link since I can't travel cross-country at the moment); a bunch of online CLE classes regarding wireless leasing and regulation; one coming up next month in Santa Fe, NM.

I have a very full and fun life, sometimes made possible only by the careful use of well-placed mirrors.

Anyway, that's what's been keeping me out of the WA mainstream lately.

Warmest regards,

Me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    Jonathan --

Great to hear about all your activities in and out of the wireless space -- thanks for checking in!

I'm looking forward to more of your pictures; they are always unique.

Also good to know you do domain / UDRP matters -- I did not know that. ;)

Joe

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Welcome back! Was starting to think you hated us :). You have not missed much here, really. The usual bickering back and forth, tower pictures and such. Oh, and Larry got a new phone!
    It has been a while, I think the last time we talked, I was just starting Law School, now I am just 5 weeks from being out of here.
    Anyway, welcome back!

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Back from the dead is right! Nice to see you around again. :)