Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Beware the FINE PRINT!!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

My friend and I were checking over my Verizon contract because it is due to end this week. On the back in the very light text, squeezed within a lot of other information was the fact that if I did not notify Verizon headquarters in writing of my wish to stop my current Verizon contract that the contract would automatically renew itself perhaps tying me in for another two years or requyiring a penalty to cancel...!! Not good for those of us who wish the option to change plans or companies....: Warning... some magazine companies are playing the same game.. you renew, but they sign you up ...forever... the fine print says that the subscription will automatically renew itself each year. NOT GOOD[​IMG]

2. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

I never had a problem with Verizon is my contract was up.

3. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

I have been a Verizon/BAM/NYNEX custopmer since 1993. Multiple lines, MANY different contracts, rate plans and promotions.

They have NEVER auto-renewed a contract which would lock me in. In fact, my wife's 1-year contract ended in May, and when inquiring about new plans I have always been told by CS that there is NO contract on that line currently.

I would not worry about it.

4. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've never heard of Verizon auto-renewing. Some companies do auto renew though such as SunCom (Triton PCS) but they tell you about this up front and its clearly stated in your contract and explained to you.

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have never liked the policy of auto renewing. Sometimes they will tell you sometimes they won't. I have heard stories of auto-renewing.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I don't like the auto-renewing policy either but as long as a carrier is up front about it and tells you I think its ok. From my experience SunCom ALWAYS fully explains it to you. So if you get burnt because of the self renewel policy its your own damn fault.