Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Better GSM Service? AT&T or T-Mobile??

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by Murdoc, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Murdoc

Murdoc Junior Member

Better GSM Service? AT&T or T-Mobile??

I think T-Mobile is better so far, but will AT&T take the throne within the next year? I had T-Mobile for a year, and now I have AT&T and I liked T-Mobile better... Hopefully AT&T will step up to the plate. T-Mobile has better text messaging packages, even though AT&T has free incoming, T-Mobile is more flexible. The highest text plan with AT&T is currently only 100 outgoing messages and 10 cents a message after 100. That is terrible, especially after the way they plug text messaging. The mMode online stuff is good... Pretty costly, but good. Theirs is better than T-Mobile. I spend more time AT&T's mMode than T-Mobile's T-Zones. AT&T also got T-Mobile beat with features, like 6-Way calling, and the #121 service. They just need to touch up their GSM service, and improve their text messaging...

Opinions?

2. med1

med1 Junior Member

Pure GSM coverage is just not there with AT&T, unless you get the dual TDMA/GSM service and phone. I am sure once AT&T has more coverage, T-Mobile will have to tweak their plans or get run out of the GSM market.

3. GregF

GregF New Member

I wish AT&T GSM would allow 500 free call forwarding minutes like Voicestream does and or even deduct the call forwarding from the minute plan, instead of charging an outlandish fee to use it. Especially since their coverage is weak right now. I would like to stay with AT&T, but since they can't offer this, I will not be able to stay with them.

4. budlight05

budlight05 New Member

As far as I'm concerned, AT&T bites, at least in the Kansas City area... I'm a dealer, and we get over 60% of the phones we sell returned... [​IMG]

As far as their customer service goes, it seems to always take over 90 min to activate them, they need to get that fixed... T-Mobile's service is excellent by comparison.

GSM area, agreed -- it's just not there, and in most areas, coverage that they claim is there -- isn't. My brother and I are both dealers, and he wound up getting rid of his AT&T unlimited plan for T-Mobile, mainly because it wasn't worth having an unlimited plan if 75% of your calls get dropped...

N/M the fact that my chain discontinued carrying the Siemens S46, which results in us not even being able to offer the TDMA/GSM plans.... ugh....

I will say that I've never dropped a call with Aerial/Voicestream/T-Mobile... they really are the most ghetto provider of wireless imo, but their signal is better than AT&T -- again, in my area.

--bud