Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best Verizon tri-mode phone for So. VT?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Meezergeezer, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Meezergeezer

Meezergeezer New Member

I'm ticked :( : with Verizon, got my dad to convert to Verizon back on 11/04 in Williston, VT, he got the Audiovox 9900 that I wanted. The Verizon rep there told me I had 3 weeks for my contract and wouldn't let me upgrade my Audiovox 9500. My dad lives near Williston. I like in Southern VT so Concord, NH, Nashua or Manchester are closer for me.

Now the 9900's are sold out - Should I wait and see what Verizon will be getting or do I try to scour the planet for a 9900 phone?

Also does it cost $10 for them to convert over your address book from one phone to another phone.

My dad had this done for him for no charge, yet they are telling me in Williston, VT it will cost $10 additiional to convert my phone book to the new phone if I am able to get one.

What's your advice/experience?

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Well I guess if you really want the 9900, there's nothing else you could do other than wait.
    I've never had anyone charge me to bring over my phone book, all they do is transfer them with cables or something, takes a minute or two; Nobody I know has ever gotten charged for this.
    ~Andy

3. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I know a lot of VZW stores, and certainly indy retailers, in NYC that charge to transfer books.