Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best SprintPCS reception+quality phone

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by ajulius, Jul 22, 2002.

1. ajulius

ajulius New Member

I would like to know which SprintPCS phone has the best reception and call quality regardless of size of the phone and regardless of cost at this point in time?

2. markv83

markv83 Member

From what I have heard a lot of people think that Sanyo phones have really good reception compared with other brands. I had a Sanyo SCP-4700 but got an LG TP-5250 because of the size. Whenever I travel to Charlottesville, Virginia I had reception with the Sanyo but I get NOTHING except analog with the LG[​IMG]
    Mark

3. theyallstink

theyallstink Junior Member

From my experience with Sprint, the best reception I got was with my old Timeport and Startac. Well, Sprint and Mot don't have much of a relationship anymore so Mot phones are not an option for you at this time. I'd try the better Kyocera model (I think its the 2255). I've heard good things.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The 2255 is a good phone

Larry has one

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bsk23

bsk23 Member

I too can vouch for the 2255, it's a good little phone, with which I've been very happy.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes the 2255 is a good deal for only $99, but the 2345 is coming soon and will be even better. This one is likely to be priced at $129. I plan on upgrading to the new model myself and I will be selling my 2255 on ebay. The Sanyo 4900 (replacement for 4700) is also coming soon and should be a good one but will run about $179.

7. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

I just got the 2255 myself and i LOVE it! Its been the best phone i have used so far.

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The latest software version for the 2255 is JS1.0.15

9. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

yes the 2345 should be out within 2 weeks. real soon.

the 4900 should be the top choice for all people wanting to upgrade to a phone and are willing to spend up to $200 for a phone.....although it wont have any digital cam attachment capabilities [​IMG]

10. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

Not to argue with the people who are praising the kyocera 2255, but from my own personal experience dealing with customers, it has lots of hardware related problems. But on a good note, they are easily repairable. Problems include: LCD , earpiece, mic mouth piece. For the same price of $99.99 the sanyo 4700 would be a much better deal. It could make the difference of whether or not you can get sprint signals if you live on borderline coverage area.

11. AdamF

AdamF New Member

I held both a Sanyo 4500 and a Sanyo 6200 in both hands. The 4500 had about 1 bar, and the 6200 had full signal strength.

12. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

yep that is true. The models above 4500 have more bars of signal. But the 4500/4700 are still great phones for a low price of $99.99 now. The models 6000/6200 5000/5150 has a slight increase in signal but cost more at the same time. You will only notice big differences in bars on phones if you are in a weaker coverage area. I guess that is how you compare phone reception qualities. There is 1 bad thing about the 6200 though....because of its thin design, it tends to heat up a bit quicker than other phones.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I also notice different signal strengths with the same model phones... I think I have a diffective 6200, 'cause it gives me one less bar in comparison with other 6200 I've hold in my hands...

14. IdiOTeQnoLogY

i have been browsin the forums on this issue for 8 months now and since working for sprint for the last couple months and talkin to lots of techs and customers the sanyo phones are by far the best for RF reception and signal holding, hands down.........as well as being the best built quality phones with the least amount of defects percentage wise. period.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

sanyos are good because they are made in japan where they have really tight quality control guidelines. All other junks like samsungs are made in korea. Just think, would you rather have a honda or a hyndai??? The choice is yours

16. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Where are Kyoceras made?

17. IdiOTeQnoLogY

kyocera is a japanese phone which makes me wonder about the 2255 fiasco........larry........you dont even want to know how many 2255's we get back every day for defects it is quite amazing people on their 3rd one already with a warranty exchange and they are still breaking.

18. SprintTechSupport

SprintTechSupport New Member

yep kyocera's come back like crazy. Ive had people drop sprint because they were sick of constantly replacing the 2255. But they are good in reception. Just lots hardware problems. I hope the next one is more solid built

19. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

Ive had Sprint for about a month month into a 12 month contract Ive had NO problems and it didnt take to long of which phone I wanted I knew from the start becasue a friend of mine told me to get the Kyocera 2255 and he said good phone all around. So I payed $69.00 but with a rebate im getting the phone for $19, cant beat that though, I guess it takes 8-14 weeks to get rebate check, Ive also hered of new software version out I have is the: SW VERSION: JS1.0.15 Sprint PCS (1), is there a new version out there and will it do anything else if there is one. Other than that this works great. I notice something strange going on arounbd my coverage area in the past few days, when Sprint cant find coverage I get Cellularone and it always comes up Analog Roaming, now Im getting just Roaming but no Digital Roaming just roaming is there a difference from Roaming and Analog Roaming I for one dont see the difference but when placing a call I do less static and better signal is there something that Sprint knows that I dont know of did Sprint make a better roaming aggrement with Cellularone for better roaming service. It sure seems that way to me. Always had Analong Roaming now I ger is Roaming, please someone lighten me up on this issue.

20. ScandaLEX

ScandaLEX Senior Member

Yes, Yes, Yes.........I can testify to this. I send back 3 (THREE) Kyocera 2255's. All of them had the same issue, the earpiece jack always malfunctioned. For me, the ability to use my phone hands free is a must!