Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best Service in Sussex, NJ

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by macaddict, Jul 29, 2002.

1. macaddict

macaddict New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZ
    I will be moving to Sussex, NJ and I would like to know what carrier has the best coverage. Right now I have AT&T and I cannot use my phone when I am around High Point Regional High School. Aparently, Sussex Cellular does not have an agreement with AT&T.

Please let me know what carrier is the best.

Thanks...

2. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    Verizon

-SC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Nobody has good coverage in the technology industry forgotten Sussex County. Maybe you'll have to signup with greedy-___ Sussex Cellular after all. They have the oldest network there and probably the best. However, don't forget to give Verizon a try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. boo99

boo99 Member

Hey there

In the High Point Area of Sussex and far as all of Sussex goes..........
    I have used ALL cell cariers and Verizon is the best coverage........Go for the Americas Choice Plan.......Make sure your phone is NOT roaming.....(the 2235 Kyocera phone for Verizon is the ONLY Verizon phone you can keep on Digital or No roaming)

I have used my Verizon phone on Rt 23 thru High Point, in Mt Salem area, in the town of Sussex....etc.....

And about the AT&T thing and Sussex Cellular..........their ageement expired on 10/31/01 as I was told from Sussex Cellular because AT&T has a new tower in Sussex........The tower however is near Rt 94/Rt 23 which does nothing for High Point area......they released me from my contract and now I have Verizon......

Verizon works in almost ALL of Sussex........even at the Ballpark (4 bars) off Rt565/Rt206.....
    It works also in Colesville NJ too........

Hope this helps.......

5. boo99

boo99 Member

Hey there

I had ALL carriers in that area......cause I have a summer place there......the best I would say is Verizon.............
    They are covered almost all over Sussex......99%........I drove all over Rt 23 thru Mt Salem, High Point Park, the baseball stadium, Colesville.........Rt 651, Clove Rd ETC

Got a signal and was able to use the phone there........sometimes in analog but I was ABLE to make a call........
    Please dont get Sussex Cell......they are a big ripoff that wont allow aggrements with other carriers any more (AT&T for example)........

hope this helps.....
    jg

6. bogaboo

bogaboo New Member

I just drove trough Sussex this past weekend. Do not get Sprint. I had calls dropped atleast 8 times in about a 15 mile stretch of route 23. I would go from full service to none in a matter of seconds.

7. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    AT&T has PCS spectrum in Sussex but their coverage looks more like a work in progress. Very spotty.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Whenever in doubt, go with Verizon.