Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best service in Somerset/Mercer/Middlesex NJ?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone knows which one is good in these counties?

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I know Cingular is pretty big around there.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Toms River. Cingular seems to drop more calls than it puts through. Anyone have any suggestions for the Toms River area?
    Thanks.

4. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Try verizon or sprint pcs.Either one of these carriers will
    be much better than cingular.

5. Yankees400

Yankees400 New Member

I live in Middlesex county and Verizon is great, particulary in the New Brunswick-Piscataway area where I am located the most.

6. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

I have Cingular and I live and work in the Mercer/Middelsex county area. Cingular is very good through out most of central Jersey. My wife has Verizon and their coverage is excellent in NJ. The only reason I prefer Cingular is because of their selection of Nokia phones. So, if coverage is your main concern, I would go with Verizon first then Cingular.

7. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Cingular sucks no matter where you go. It drops calls all over the state. You could be sitting in your home and it will drop a call to your next door neighbor. Don't opt for Cingular. Best Bet is Verizon , MCI or Voice Stream. [​IMG]

8. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Sprint is lousy all over. I have friends whose phones wont ring indoors and who have missed emergency calls because of this. And they have to go out all the way to the end of out work parking lot to get a signal to make a call. That is bullshit, if you ask me. No one should have to put up with lousy service like that.

[​IMG]

9. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Cingular has lousy reception, drops calls and you can only go so farwith it befor it will go dead. Too may dead spots with Cingular. MCI uses ATT towers, so they are good, and Verizon is excellent. Voice stream I have not had any problems with either.

10. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sweet

Take your phone into a cingular store and have them test the phone.
    Could be the phone and not the service

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I dont have Cingular service. My friend calls me on her Cingular service and every time she calls, we get disconnected. And she's had her phone checked many times and changed. That is why I call her home phone with either my Verizon wireless, MCI or Voice stream. Never a disconnect. She always marvals how clear I sound to her. I told her to tell Cingular she's dissatified with the service. And then change services. She is in the middle of doing theat now.

12. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

MCI runs off of Verizon. And also Cingular and ATT share many of the same towers.

13. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi Sweetbox, nice to have you here....[​IMG] I just have one question, how can you support such company like MCI..? They don't even own their own network..!!!! Regarding Sprint PCS, how can you put down a company who is the only one with the enough balls to build their own network...? Yes, I realize that they still have some areas to cover but that doesn't mean that suck everywhere else, in fact they work in alot of other area's that Cingular doesn't even offer service. Sprints coverage in South Jersey and Philly is better than most carriers, the three best in Jersey my opinion are...Verizon,Nextel and Sprint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

well Nextel doesnt serve my needs because it is way out of my reach, money wise. It is more of a businessman's company. As for Sprint, I have Iheard so many complaints about it, I will wait until I hear positives from friends. I had a friend who missed an emergency call from her kid who was injured at school while her mom was on her linch hour...her mon always keeps her "Sprint phone" on, and the phone never rang. Her phone was fully charged , ringer was turned on and loud. And who cares if MCI don't have their own company or system? Why do you place so much value on that aspect? I have never had any problem with them, Verizon, or Voicestream, and I have all three on my three cell phones. My husband has AT&T and it is terrible. Breaks up, drops call, etc.

15. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    I'm sorry I just have to laugh ......you have three cell phone's, three diffrent providers and you can't afford Nextel...? [​IMG] Anyway, Nextel does have cheaper plans then you think. Nextel Online

Regarding MCI, I just can't justify buying service though a "middle man" who resells, Yes.. AT&t, but I'm not to sure on Verizon or Cingular, I think It varies by areas and God forbid you have a problem with MCI, don't count on getting any help.

As for the Sprint "incident" I'm sorry to hear that happend, Honestly thats sounds like a problem with the phone, not Sprint but, I won't argue with you on that one.

Yes, by far AT&T has the worst service in New Jersey (Sorry Kevin [​IMG]) I don't know why, but they do.

16. josh

josh New Member

"...her mon always keeps her "Sprint phone" on, and the phone never rang. Her phone was fully charged , ringer was turned on and loud"

AND YOU WONDER WHY HER PHONE DOES NOT RING. DO HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW A CELLULAR SYSTEM WORKS AND HOW YOUR PHONE NEEDS TO HAVE A CURRENT REGISTRATION WITH SWITCH TO CONNECT A INBOUND CALL. It's not a matter of horrible service but it is a understanding of how cellular service works!
    Tell your friend to power her phone off and on intermittently, this will most likely fix her problem.

JOSH

17. Guest

Guest Guest

"MCI uses ATT towers, so they are good"

"And who cares if MCI don't have their own company or system? Why do you place so much value on that aspect? "

"My husband has AT&T and it is terrible. Breaks up, drops call, etc. "

This was very interesting!! Are these conflicting stories or is it just me. LOL

JOSH

18. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

In reply to your MCI comment, I have no problems with MCI. I just renewed and actually upgraded. I am very satisfied with their service. s for having 3 cell phones under 3 different plans, that's my business. I'm actually planning on giving a phone and the service in my name to my parent to use for emergency while they are on the road. That leaves me with one for my car and one for home long distance calls. I allready checked into Nextel.....they really don't cover too much of an area around here in the boonies where I am located.

19. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi Sweetboxx, I'm sorry if you feel that we are in you business but, you obviously took it upon yourself to make it everyone's business when you put it on the Internet. As for Nextel, I hate to disappoint you but they have more towers in your area then anyone else. If you'd like a detailed list id be more than happy to give it to you. But it seems that you are very happy with MCI ([​IMG]) so I wont press the issue anymore.

20. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

yes Rich, if you will please list the Nextel towers in the winslow township (camden co), hammonton(atl. co), waterford works berlin, lindenwold, clementon,pine hill, sicklerville, gloucester city(all camden co) turnersville, deptford, williamstown(gloucester co) egg harbor, atlantic city(atl. co) avenel, woodbridge(middlesexco.) monmouth and ocean county areas. I am really curious how far of an area they cover because all of the the cellphone places seem to seell around here is verizon, mci, sprint, att and voice stream.