Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best service in Connecticut?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Yankees400, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Yankees400

Yankees400 New Member

What is the best service in terms of coverage in CT? I had a poor experience with Voicstream as there was 'No Service' at many spots in my area (Farmington-Bristol area). I then switched over to Verizon and I got excellent service in those areas. Any other providers that work well, or not so well?

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Well....if you have Verizon and it is good then good. I wouldn't reccomend anything else for CT other then ATT possibly, but I am not sure how their coverage is there.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The ONLY other carrier to even consider in CT would be SNET/Cingular -- and then ONLY if you have a need to roam extensively between Litchfield (ATT country) and the rest of the State (Verizon country). I would not recommend Cingular if you roam outside the State.

I live in Fairfield County and have Verizon. I've HAD ATT in the past. Their coverage outside of Litchfield County (and even there it's not super!) is spotty at best. They operate 1900PCS everywhere but Litchfield. They are currently building out along I-95, I-84, and I-91. If you live near or travel one of those raods, you should have reasonable service. If you live or travel away from those roads, your service will be limited at best. You will most likely be roaming either on SNET (digitally) or on Verizon (analog). Don't expect your email, callerid, or data to work..... I would expect that in Farmington, their signal is non-existent....

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for all the info. I live in the Torrington area and drive to Simsbury Rt 10 for work. I got AT&T and returned it within 2 weeks. Help!! Do I try Cingular

5. Guest

Guest Guest

From Torrington to Simsbury Rt 10 what service do I use?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone who needs a cell phone and lives in Litchfield County and works outside it (especially in Hartford County), is in my most humble opinion up the foulest of smelling estuaries with no hopes of obtaining propulsion.

Unless someone has built some towers very recently, NO ONE CARRIER serves the entire Torrington - Hartford corridor (well!). If I were absolutely determined to have a cell phone in that area, I'd take SNET/Cingular as the least worst of the available alternatives and hope for the best.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Cingular and AT&T works poorly in that area but its the best you can get. Cingular use AT&T towers for back up and if you don`t want to get roaming charges you need a regional plan. AT&T uses Cingular towers for back up. I think Cingular will work a little better if go to Simsbury, and AT&T if you are in the Goshen,Cornwall,Litchfield area.I recomend Cingular with the regional $35 a month, 300 day time and 3000 night and weekend minutes and free long distance.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I've had Verizon service for a month and a half. Never outside of Digital footprint and always had great service. I tend to stay near I9 and I91, but even had service on the train to NYC. I would highly recommend a regional plan as CT is such a small state and it makes sense even if you drive out of local only occaisonally.
    Great wireless web coverage as well.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon doesn`t own license for litchield county.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon doesn`t own license for litchield county. the rest of the state the have good service, but by my experiance Cingular is better on the highways