Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best Service for OR and Wa State.

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by smgb2, Jul 21, 2006.

1. smgb2

smgb2 New Member

Hi I am new to the Hillsboro, Oregon area. I have work that requires me to drive along the I5, US 395 into eastern Washington state and Seattle. Which provider will offer the best coverage, the least roaming charges and the most clear calls. Thank you for your help.

I am thinking of Sprint at the moment.:)

2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    If you limit yourself to the interstate and major highways such as US 395 any of the major services from cingular, Sprint or T-Mobile will likely work for you. You'll not likely have roaming charges from any of the carriers I've mentioned.

3. smgb2

smgb2 New Member

I guess i should rephrase my post....

What provider do you think has the best service in the Hillsboro area??

4. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    So, you're saying that the rest of your requirement isn't important?

5. smgb2

smgb2 New Member

The most important requirement would be good service where i live. Because I currently don't have a contract with any of the providers, I want to find the best situation for myself. Service while im in transit is important to me as well, but service at home takes priority.

As you said earlier, most providers will be fine on those hwys. So, which provider will provide the best service in Hillsboro? Is Sprint a good choice?

6. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I know someone you has sprint and they live in NW Portland. He and his wife say it's just alright.
    Everyone else I know pratically has Verizon. My good friends live in Cornelius and they have Verizon.... they have no complaints.
    I had verizon for many years until I went to prepaid, and I haven't had any issues with t-mobile in those areas either. Full reception.

T-mobile has a coverage checker... put in your specific addresses and that would tell you how reception is,etc. http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/default.aspx?zip=97220
    good luck :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
    Here are some coverage stats of the 'integrated' Cingular/AWS network...it is all legacy 'blue' by the way:

Zip Code: 97124
    City State: Hillsboro OR
    AWS 850 Mhz Coverage: 100%
    AWS 1900 Mhz Coverage: 98%
    Percent Covered (Orange): 100%

http://www.apriva.com/cingularcoveragequery.cfm

8. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

I use to live in Beaverton. 184th and TV highway. Been to Hillsboro many times. Never had any service problems with VZW.

9. smgb2

smgb2 New Member

thanks for the replys guys.

10. TProphet

TProphet I *am* a mobile phone

My Phone:
    Sanyo 7200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Cingular, Virgin Mobile Canada
    Verizon and Sprint both have excellent service in the Portland area. Verizon has slightly more coverage breadth, but Sprint users can roam on the Verizon network for free (which fills in the gaps). Roaming gives Sprint an advantage in other areas as well; you can roam in more places with a Sprint phone than you can with a Verizon phone. Pricing between the two carriers is competitive, although Sprint offers slightly better data rates.

AT&T Wireless used to be coverage king, but since they converted to GSM and Cingular took over, coverage is subpar. T-Mobile would be a better choice if you prefer GSM over CDMA; they have the most mature GSM network in the Portland area.