Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

best provider in Olympia, WA area?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by guajero, Dec 16, 2001.

1. guajero

guajero New Member

Hey does anyone know a good provider in the Olympia WA area. Jd Power said that voicestream was best fot Seattle but Olympia is an hour away. Does anyone have any hints? Experience for getting the best service.
    Thanx
    Gordon

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I have relatives in Snohomish who uses Verizon. I don't know the area well enough to remember how close (or far) from Olympia that is.

Wait a minute. Oympia. Isn't that where that earthquake was centered this past February? Ya, I remember now. I was in Snohomish and my relatives blamed me for bringing the California earthquakes with me. My relative's home even sustained some foundation cracks. Sheesh, what's up with that?

And then the year before when I was visiting, it happened to be the very weekend they were imploding the KingsDome. I'm going up again in Feb.2002 and you guys better not be rockin' or blowing anything up--I'll get paranoid of ever visiting Washington again!

3. Peter

Peter New Member

In general, it is impossible for a carrier to tell a potential cust whether they will have coverage in an exact location, there are way too many variables that we have to contend with. That said, every carrier will give you a trial period in which you can try the service. If unhappy, the phone can be returned and you would just pay for the service provided. I can only speak for ATT wireless, as I'm an employee, but we allow 30 days to try the service. This is one of the longer trial periods compared to other carriers. If you're searching for a carrier, I would recommend doing as much research as you can, then go from there. Make sure to ask about the return policy, for example, I've heard voicestream is 3 days.... Be informed about the contract that you are committing to, and choose your carrier. Aside from that, I am from Western Washington, and I personally have been happy with ATT service in Western Washing in most areas. As with EVERY carrier, we do have areas with no coverage, but in my case I'm not in those areas very often. (Use your 30 day trial period to test all your specific areas...) I did have a voicestream phone before I got my job here, and I thought the coverage along the major freeways and larger cities was excellent, but anytime I left a freeway, I have reception issues. Also, I noticed as time passed, and voicestream got bigger, I frequently got "system busy" messages. I don't know if they have improved this, as I canceled a couple of years ago...

Good luck with your search!