Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best phone for T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by LeahG, May 27, 2005.

1. LeahG

LeahG New Member

After going from dropped calls to phones that spontaneously shut down, and back to dropped calls on a more expensive phone, I'm looking for a reliable phone with good reception. I did a little looking around, and T-mobile seems to be up there in my area (boston), and my husband likes that he can use his cell on the T. I've heard that certain phones work better with different services, so...which phones out there seem to be the most reliable for T-Mobile service?
    Thanks!

2. Sprint PCS 411

My Phone:
    Nokia 3200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless GSM America
    Ok, AFAIK you DO want a 1900/850 phone NOT an 1900-only phone. If you get the 1900/850 you can roam on 850 (where you would usually only be able to roam on 1900) - where T-Mobile has service.

THIS IS WHAT THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW. But they do have a bigger coverage area then displayed!

I take that back, maybe they advertise silently for this by saying 'T-Mobile Get More'. They just don't tell you how to get more, but they definantly offer more than meets the eye.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It depends on what you want to pay. Most of the phones that TM currently offers are pretty good as far as reception. I can't think of any that have a bad reputation. What phones are you using now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LeahG

LeahG New Member

We used to have Nokia--a few years ago. We gave that up for a Motorola v66, but that kept turning off on us--both of our phones would randomly shut off. So, we switched to the Ericsson T610, which does work better. Still have trouble with reception in certain key areas, though (like my daughter's daycare...). Also, my husband lost his, and is back to using the Motorola, so at least one of us needs to get a new phone.

5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Samsung SGH-e315 is a very good phone and is available now to new customers for $49.99. I got this handset in November and haven't had any real problems with it. When I'm using T-Zones (WAP) sometimes the phone will reboot but that has only happend 4-5 times since I got it and I'm on T-Zones a lot. The camera is pretty good for the other VGA cameras I've seen and the reception on this phone is on par with or better than other T-Mobile handsets I've had the pleasure of using. It does scratch pretty easy, so you should be careful. Other than that, a pretty good phone. You can check out my full review here.

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The T610 is known for having poor reception, and the v66 is not much better. Like Rancid, I also have an e315 and it is a nice phone. Have you checked your upgrade status online? You can do that my signing in to your mytmobile account, click on "phones and accesories" on the top center, then on the right there is an option to upgrade your phone. you will get a list of options and prices. You'll get the best options if you are out of contract, or at least in the 11th month of your contract, and on the 69.99 family plan or higher (or 39.99 individual plan) Take a look at the list and let us know what you're interested in.

7. LeahG

LeahG New Member

Thanks for your help. After looking at the t-mobile site and doing some comparisons, we've narrowed it down to 3 choices.

Samsung SGH-E315
    Nokia 3220
    Motorola V330.

If anyone has any information or recommendations about any of them, I would appreciate it. Also, one question from when I was researching the Samsung, which seems to be highly recommended by your responses here...Some reviews that I read elsewhere talked about having poor sound quality. It seemed that people with only Samsung histories were happy, but people who were switching from other phones were disappointed. Again, any info is much appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Leah

8. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Here are some reviews you can read about these phones.

Motorola v330 (please keep in mind the v551 and the v330 are the same phone pretty much BUT the v330 has only been out about a month or so. As such reviews are not particularly plentifull.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=591&s=d

Samsung SGH e315

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=608

Nokia 3220

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=538

Please read before making your decision.

9. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    I like the Samsung and Nokia phones with T-Mob

10. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I haven't used a Moto in many years. The last Nokia I had was the 6610 in 2004 and it was a good phone. Nokias generally have a good reputation. The Samsung S105 I had in 2003 the call volume didn't get loud enough but that is not a problem with my e315.