Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best phone choice for Alltel (WW). Nokia vs. Moto

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by JasonWells, Dec 27, 2005.

1. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    I recently started with Alltel (WW-Cell1). After questioning nearly 20 reps/agents, I decided to use the Nokia 6015i for the best reported reception. The Motorola V262 was also recommended. So far, the RF has been great. I wanted something economical and tri-mode. Was this a good choice, or should I get something else? A Kyocera SoHo is also an option. The reps said they have customers use the 6015i in remote locations with good feedback. Input and advice is appreciated! Thanks.

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Well, the V710 is what I have. It has the best reception out of any Alltel phone. But it is a little pricey. I don't see the Nokia you mentioned on Alltel's website, although I know that WW carried it. I'm sure it will get good reception, I personally like Moto's reception over all the experiences I have had with Nokia and Motorola phones....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    If you travel through areas that are a little shacky reception wise, you will definitely notice the difference between a Nokia/Motorola and a Kyocera phone. Overall I've had the best experiences with Nokia and Motorola phone, and can't give the edge to either. They both have superior reception and yes you made the right choice :)

4. warehouse80

warehouse80 New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I worked for WW (corp office) up until the purchase was completed by Alltel this summer and from my experience, Nokia is the best choice for reception in the Dakotas.

5. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    Thank you for the great help. I will keep the Nokia and stay happy with it. It has always given good reception, so the good performance should continue. It wasn't on Alltel's site, but a $.99 option from WW. Again, thanks!

6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Motorola v262/v266 definitly aren't bad choices but the Nokia 6015i gets great reception in even rural areas of Kansas and, as you said, it was cheaper. The Nokia 6255i is another option if you're looking for advanced features like Bluetooth and a camera but it is much more expensive than the 6015i.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. seber8

seber8 New Member

alright here is my problem, i cannot choose which phone i want without spending too much, since i'm going prepaid here are my choices: http://www.shopalltel.com/product/browse.htm?pgId=100

i was kind of leaning towards the samsung u420, does anyone know anything about them? What i am basically looking for in this phone is battery life and a camera, any help would be appreciated..thanks, also i don't really want to spend over $100ish, thanks

8. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The cheapest phones worth buying are the nokia 2865i and the moto w315. Other then that you will end up spending around 150 maybe a little less....

9. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Like Strunke said, just be sure to avoid the cheaper phones like the a645 and KX16 which people are always complaining about and you should be alright but the 2865i and w315 are usually good but don't have the camera feature you mentioned. Also don't forget if you don't want to spend over $100 total to factor in the $35 activation and $20 minimum initial deposit on the account.

With battery life and camera being your main concern, you may save a little going with the LG AX245. I've never really heard any bad complaints about the u420 either though if you prefer it and the battery estimate on it does look a lot better than the AX245. So it should suit your needs fine for the price range you're looking at. Depending on how important good quality pictures are, you may want to step up to the AX355 or E815. They are good phones and the cheapest options if you prefer a 1.3 Megapixel as opposed to the VGA camera which is roughly around 0.5 Megapixels. It may make a difference depending on how much you want to use the feature and how important better quality pics are to you. The E815 also has a great battery that should last you 2-3 days unless you're a really heavy user. But to just have a picture phone with a decent battery the u420 isn't one I'd warn you about. Depending on how strictly you need to stick to your $100 goal figuring in the activation fee and initial balance. The Pantech Shorty is an option, but I'm not sure about its battery life or how well it gets reception (and it is an ugly little phone too). But it should leave you with money left over. Good luck.

10. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-E815_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.106 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

My brother has the u420 it's a nice phone. So overall it would be a good choice. But as ufo said keep in mind the act. And initial balance amounts.

11. seber8

seber8 New Member

so the u420's battery isn't that bad than?

12. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No it's a decent battery. About the same as a RAZR.