Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best carrier for Lake Havasu City, AZ

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by reevejf, Jul 31, 2004.

1. reevejf

reevejf Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I might be moving there in the next month or two. I have Verizon now and am not sure if they cover here by PCS sites. Dobsons coverage looks shotty and I wouldnt wanna get Citizens. Im not fond of mom and pop cell cos. If not Verizon who? Ill be traveling the area alot around LHC so ill need decent coverage

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Verizon dose have coverage in LHC, but I believe it is because of the towers (800 Mhz Cellular) on the CA side bleeding over to the AZ side. The coverage should be pretty good as that is the way they cover BHC. But because of this I don't think Verizon has local numbers for LHC. If you need a local number then Sprint is the way to go, as they have great coverage here in Mohave Co. Cingular would be a distant second. They have good coverage in LHC, but the outskirts of town from what I have heard are not that great.

I think you have a right to asume that CellOne/Dobson & Mohave Wireless/Citizens are not that good. From the people I have talked to both can't compare quality of service wise to Sprint & Cingular in Mohave Co.

3. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Mohave Wireless recently converted to CDMA digital, partly with the help of Verizon who is 40% owner of Mohave. But I agree the winner in LHC is Sprint PCS. Do a tryout once you move into your new home.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Yes definitely Sprint, they have that area covered well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

They all have 15 day Trial Periods Right?
    Test them all out in you residence and places you need coverage.

6. reevejf

reevejf Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well if I get our there and VZW doesnt cover it well. Since its not an area they cover can I get out of my contract that way? I still have over a year left and would need a local number if I move out there.

7. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Mohave Wireless only has 72 hr trial period. :(

You should call Verizon and ask about LHC. But I doubt you will be able to get out of your contract. But may be you will get a cool rep and/or supervisor that will let you out.

If you go to their web site you can sign up for service in LHC, just like you can up here in BHC. Even though they have no towers on the AZ side or local numbers, it's all in the coverage (bleed over too).

8. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    This is a different situation. Mohave does have good coverage in LHC. They have a tower right in town, another 10 miles north of town, and a couple in Kingman, and it's all CDMA digital. Travel south and you'll hit some dead spots, but that's true w/all carriers.

Since Mohave is partially-owned by Verizon, they MAY be able to assign local numbers there, but it will be from Mohave's assignment. Verizon may let you out of your contract if you move, and can prove it by providing them a LHC address to send your final bill. It is rare that they let people out of their contract early, but with the advent of 2-year contracts, they realize people move, get divorced, die, etc, and they need to accomodate such life changes, or they'll get buried in CS calls.

So, let them work with you. If you want to keep your old number (and stay in touch with old friends), they will allow it, or you can change to a non-LHC number that MAY be close enough to be convenient (if not local) to your new friends. You might ask to be transferred to Verizon's Phoenix call center and they might be better-equipped to help you.

9. TProphet

TProphet I *am* a mobile phone

My Phone:
    Sanyo 7200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Cingular, Virgin Mobile Canada
    I was in LHC this spring, and took my Sprint and Cingular handsets along. Sprint has excellent coverage there. The only place I didn't have coverage was right on the lakeshore (it's blocked by a cliff), and I picked up ATTWS analog from California on the other side (free roaming on the F&CA plan).

Anywhere I encountered no Sprint service, Cingular didn't have service either. Furthermore, Cingular doesn't even cover the whole city; the suburbs on the south end of town enjoy full Sprint coverage, and spotty or nonexistent Cingular coverage. I definitely wasn't impressed.

I didn't have a chance to try Mojave Cellular's service, but I was pleased with the quality of Sprint service in the area and would have no qualms recommending them.

10. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint had the benefit of getting on all of the former SBA towers (now AAT Communications) in Lake Havasu thru their affiliate Alamosa PCS back in 2000.