Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best Bluetooth for LG DARE & LG VX8360

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by marksgirl, Apr 12, 2009.

1. marksgirl

marksgirl New Member

My Phone:
    LG DARE (THANKS M. MIKE)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    Hey all,
    I finally pulled the trigger and with a lot of research and the help of this wonderful site and the people on it, especially Mobile Mike, I am now a member of the Verizon Network and the proud owner of an Lg Dare, while my husband has a LG VX8360. Monday I will be adding another line for my daughter. That is an issue of another post. anyway I am totally clueless about Bluetooth's. The more I read the more confused I get. I understand about stereo vs. mono, but I know my husband will not drive with 2 ear phones in his ear while driving, so excuse this question ahead of time if it is really stupid but can you listen to music even if you do not use a stereo Bluetooth? I also need one for him That has decent size buttons for his fingers, they are very wide. I would like him to do as much as possible thru the bluetooth, as in use voice command to place calls, check messages etc.. His phone has the capability according to the phones manual, but with the alphabet soup of letters after the different Bluetooth descriptions, after a while I don't know what any of them shoes.
    I also need one for my LG DARE. Sorry for long explanation but wanted to try to get all info out there in the beginning.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    marks girl

2. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    The car stereo unit's Bluetooth accessory can do two (or more!) things for your husband, without any earpiece or headset wearing. It makes the car's stereo unit do both jobs.

1. It can receive stereo audio via Bluetooth's A2DP profile, and play it through the car stereo unit's speakers (from your iPod or smartphone).

2. It can take the place of wearing a Bluetooth headset (using Headset HSP and Handsfree HFP profiles). This requires a microphone be added to hear the driver's speech, on the left or top edge of the windshield or on the steering column. If a call comes in while audio is on (radio is on, MP3 playback in progress, etc.), the radio is muted or the playback is paused (Audio Video Remote Control AVRC profile) and the call is heard the through car stereo speakers.

Since two services are being performed, you have to pair the Bluetooth accessory twice--once for phone headset service with your phone handset, and once for the audio playback from your iPod (or equivalent, or your phone! as playback device).

I have done this with my JVC car stereo, and my HTC Tilt (a Windows Mobile 6 PDA/phone) on AT&T Mobility.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 COtech, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    The stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) is beneficial if you want to listen to MP3 music from your phone, of which both of you and your husband's phones can do.

If you want a BT headset for calls and other phone options (outside of the music part), you only need a decent headset, which doesn't have to have the A2DP profile on it.

Regular phone Bluetooth headsets aren't going to be large. In fact, small is in.

Bluetooth headsets I've had success with are: Plantronics Voyager 510, Motorola H710, and Motorola H850. Other good ones are Jawbone 2, and Plantronics Discovery 925.

I currently use the Plantronics Voyager 510. I'd recommend it. Bluetooth headsets aren't perfect, but they do the job.

I recommend checking out Amazon.com to see all the different ones they sell. You can read reviews and get an idea of which one appeals to you. I've found the prices for headsets at Amazon to be cheaper than most places. Beware of the super low-cost ones (actual retail price, not Amazon's price). Cheap headsets are just that...cheap.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  4. marksgirl

marksgirl New Member

My Phone:
    LG DARE (THANKS M. MIKE)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    Thank you so much for the answer. I am going to let him know and see what he thinks. He normaly drives alone to work so I don't think privacy is an issue. When I am with him he doesn't use the phone so this may work. Also I now have some of my "alphabet soup" decoded. So that was worth more than you know.
    Appreciate the help.
    marks girl[

#4 marksgirl, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  5. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    I had replaced the factory radio in my vehicle, with the JVC unit, to get HD Radio for the second and third channels from my public radio stations. (Commercial stations use it too). I added the Bluetooth accessory because my Tilt had those capabilities for headset use and audio playback via Bluetooth.

COtech

6. marksgirl

marksgirl New Member

My Phone:
    LG DARE (THANKS M. MIKE)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    Dear Mobile Mike,
    Thanks for the great answer. I read it that night, well really that morning about 2am I think and kept falling asleep as I was typing so I decided to come back with a written answer.
    As a woman of a "Certain Age" LOL, I know more than most "that you get what you pay for" those old adages stay around for so long because most are based in some kind of truth.
    Also a list of different makes and models is really helpful because I have a place to start from that should give me a least one each that he and I could both like. Between COtech's answer , a informative and thorough way to have Bluetooth over your FM radio, listen to your music and your calls and talk thru a mic in your visor or steering wheel and your list of headsets I think I now have all the info I need to at least look at these pieces of electronics w/o feeling like a 2 yr. old who doesn't speak English.

That in a nutshell is why I love this site. It is also why I tell people to join and get their questions asked. The people on this forum are always nice, formative and patient. Thanks again Mike. I'm sure you' ll hear from me soon.

markdgirl

7. brtndr1

brtndr1 Member

My Phone:
    LG EnV3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Jabra makes a visor clip on bluetooth speaker phone that has a FM transmitter that will transfer your calls received and placed to your car stereo. Music too. I am a little skeptic of the sound quality so it would be a good idea to check out some user reviews first. Runs around $90.00.

8. VinXpert

VinXpert New Member

Hello there; I am new to this forum, so please bear with me.
    I own an LG Dare and used to use the Jawbone I, which worked perfectly well when calling up the voice commands to make hands-free calls.
    Here's my problem:
    I just received a replacement phone (same model Dare, as the s/w was being corrupted in my old Dare) and a new Jawbone II. I cannot get the Jawbone II to bring up the voice commands no matter what I do, which negates its usage as a hands-free phone. I brought it back to the Verizon store and the tech (who knew nothing) gave me another headset that he said was brand new (no packaging, so I doubt that). This second Jawbone II also does not bring up the voice commands when clicked and seems to not keep a charge. After an overnight charge, it only works standby about 8 hours, with perhaps 1 hour of talk time interspersed. It shuts off in the middle of conversations and has to be charged. I have 3 weeks left to exchange the Jawbone II for another of the same (IF someone can help me figure out how to get it to work with the Dare) or for another bluetooth if not. If this is the case, which headsets work well with the Dare? My husband's old Plantronics works with the Dare, but I can't buy that model any more.
    So sorry for the long post and Thanks to whomever can offer some guidance.
    VinXpert

9. BluetoothUser

BluetoothUser New Member

The answer, They Don't seem to work together. I am trying to get Verizon to take my 2nd jawbone 2 back, since it has been 35 days!

I had the phone replaced once and the Jawbone replaced once. Both were assumed to be defective. They made sure I had the latest software on the DARE. I had the same exact issues as you.

Jawbone tech support is worthless! If you can understand them - they are offshored to India or somewhere!