Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best bluetooth Alltel phone?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by semick, Jun 18, 2007.

1. semick

semick New Member

I currently bought myself two wafers and connected to the bluetooth from my PC. It doesn't look like there is any way to transfer pictures, music, or print from my wafer to my pc. Also when connecting the two phones via bluetooth I don't see any way to send anything like a picture or music to bluetooth.

When I had samsung t619 on t-mobile I could send things to bluetooth.

1) Does anyone have any hints how to do these things? Or do I have to buy a USB cable to put music on my phone.

2) Are there any good Alltel phones with at least 1.3 megapixel camera, the ability to play mp3's, and fairly robust bluetooth capabilities? Oh and GPS would be nice too, I love telenav...

I need to decide quickly if I want to keep these phones or trade them in for better.

Thanks,

Scott Emick
    Cleveland, OH

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    For Alltel, currently I would say the Motorola e815 is probably your best bet... then the Motorola RAZR V3m. The V3m is being phased out soon to make room for the VGA camera, non EV-DO RAZR V3a and the V9m RAZR2 which should be out before the end of the year.

The e815 is the one I could get, though.

And I'm not just Motorola biased (though I am a little) but only Motorola phones with Alltel allow OBEX (object exchange) through Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    The KRZR is good as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. semick

semick New Member

Ok,

Which of the motorola phones has the best apps, the easiest texting (I've never owned a motorola but I heard they don't have T9), and the ability to use Telenav.

I guess I really miss my T-619 on T-mobile but their rural coverage just sucks really bad. Alltel strips out so many features on these phones it is rediculous.

I went to m.youtube.com yesterday and couldn't even view the 3gp videos they have on there. Has anyone been able to view these on alltel?

Scott

5. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ooops, yeah, I should have mentioned that. In my opinion, the top three Bluetooth handsets available from Alltel are ranked thusly:

I. Motorola e815
    II. Motorola K1m KRZR
    III. Motorola V3m RAZR

Good catch, strunke, I can't believe I forgot the KRZR.:rolleyes:

6. semick

semick New Member

I'm really leaning towards the LG AX8600 after learning that it works with Telenav, can use a larger battery, call quality is supposed to be excellent (and in my experience, LG's usually have good call quality).

Also I quizzed several alltel employees about customer satisfaction on various phones.

I guess I'll just get a data cable instead of bluetooth to try to transfer my files onto it and synch with contacts etc.

Scott

7. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, the Motorola phones use iTap predictive text, which I prefer but the Motorola RAZR V3m is able to use TeleNav. The BlackBerry 8703e, LG AX8600, Motorola V3m, Samsung u520 and Samsung r510 Wafer are all compatible with TeleNav because they all have GPS and EV-DO.

The Motorola V3a will apparently be able to use TeleNav as well but it is 1xRTT only so it will be sloooooooooooow TeleNav. :)

8. semick

semick New Member

Thanks for all the information....

The razr is just out of my price reach so I am down to 3:

LG AX8600
    Motorola e815
    Sumsung u520

Those three are in my price range.

I want the most flexibility in web browsing, uploading mp3's (and set as ringer if possible), and MMS/texting capabilities.

I gave up on the bluetooth thing when I realize most of alltel's phones suck for bluetooth....but that does tilt me in the motorola's direction.

Can anyone view videos on their phones from m.youtube.com ?

9. ruralflorida

ruralflorida Banned

My Phone:
    Moto V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, At&t Mobility [Nextel Business Phone]
    Well the Razr V3m is only 29.99 after the rebate! The U520 is 69.99 after rebate.

10. semick

semick New Member

Well I well get back 239.00 I think because I paid full price, that is that I am working with....

Scott

11. ruralflorida

ruralflorida Banned

My Phone:
    Moto V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, At&t Mobility [Nextel Business Phone]
    Oh Okay.....