Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WEST U.S. -- Best Android phone + Carrier for internet usage

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by venkatdabri, Aug 14, 2011.

1. venkatdabri

venkatdabri New Member

Hello Friends,
    I currently have a AT&T iPhone 3GS on the east coast. I will very soon be moving to the Bay Area(San Jose) and I have always been unhappy with my AT&T signal strength and also with the way iPhone made it so very difficult to sync media from different computers even though they were legal. Just yesterday my iPhone died and I always wanted to move to Android.
    I was wondering what would be the best phone + carrier in terms of speed for web browsing and internet usage in the bay area? I believe Verizon has the fastest 4G network with very good coverage however it is also more expensive than AT&T especially since it doesn't have rollover minutes. I get some discounts with AT&T because of my employer but don't want to sacrifice on browsing speed. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Welcome to WirelessAdvisor. I am not familiar with the Bay Area Verizon coverage, although from what I have read and heard, Verizon tends to have good coverage in California. My advice is to use the carrier's trial period to test out the coverage in the area. Also, be advised that since Verizon now has tiered data, LTE phones will consume more data at a faster rate. There are different GB data plans available depending on your data usage needs. The data add-ons for Smartphones start at 2GB and go up from there.

There are several different Verizon LTE devices that are rumored to be coming out within the next few months. If I were you, I would suggest holding out if you are able to, since newer LTE devices are right on the horizon. Devices such as the Bionic, Stratosphere, Vigor, etc are rumored to be coming out within the next few months (September and October). Here is a rumored Verizon Roadmap (although rumored release dates are subject to change):

Leaked Verizon Roadmap Reveals Potential Launch Dates for Stratosphere, Vigor, Bionic and More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Good luck in making your decision.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.