Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Best All Around T-Mobile Handset?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by MOTOhooligan, Nov 2, 2004.

1. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What, in everyone's opinion is the best all around handset T-Mobile has ever offered? (This does not include smart phones, PDAs, Sidekicks, etc.) This is a question referring to the general things a handset should be good at, RF, good features (such as speaker phone, vibrate, easy to use/read display & menu, etc.) comfortable design, good volume and ruggedness.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    In terms of RF, the Nokias are probably your best bet. Some people really love their menu system -- I'm not such a huge fan. They're also almost indestructible. The screens can scratch, but you can't bust them open unless you're really trying.

Motorolas, to my mind, have the best menu system, the newer models have enough buttons that navigation is easy yet it's still pretty user-friendly, and the thing I miss most -- vibe & ring functionality. (Nokias don't do it, and Samsungs don't do it IIRC, and LGs don't do it.) I also like flip phones more than candy-bar styles, and Nokia do not make flip phones yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    As a V600 owner, I highly recommend it!! But also consider the Nokia 6600 as well. I've read good things about it. My problem with Nokias are the lack of a clamshell design (which I prefer), and their menu setup. Other than that the 6600 is supposed to be awesome.

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm leaning towards the v600 down the line but can't afford one right away. I'll probably end up with a Samsung SGH-R225M at first with a used v70 from eBay as a back up and then get a v600 when I can afford one. (Hoping to get a refurbished v600 with the most up to date firmware upgrade... can these be ordered from 1-800-TMobile?)

Edit: Although now that I read what ZaphodB wrote about the SGH-R225M I probably will not get that phone.

5. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am not sure about the best handset ever, but I think the E105 or the V300 are both solid phones. The E105 is your classic well built flip, with very good RF & sound quality. The V300 is relatively the same with a few more features, like speaker phone, camera.

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, I've checked out my friend's v300 and like it quite a bit (although it does tend to scratch pretty easy.) They have an online only deal with a mail-in rebate that essentially gives you two v300s for the price of one but they're still pretty expensive phones for our financial situation right now. I'm hoping for some good deals in December with the holiday rush.

7. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Nokias don't ring + vib at the same time? Maybe I read that wrong, because every Nokia I have used has.

8. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    I wonder if he means like the V600, that they vibrate....then ring. I love this feature and use it exclusively! That way if I take the phone off my belt and put it on the bed or something, I can hear it ring after it vibrates for a few seconds. And vice versa, when I wear the phone, it doesn't have to ring audibly as I can usually get to it before the ringer starts...

9. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

10. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That's what I thought!

11. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Went to the T-Mobile kiosk in my local monument to consumerism (mall) and my wife and I played around with their demo v600. Obviously I've wanted one since they were released but I think I've sold her on the v600 as well. :D v600, here I come!

12. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Excellent choice!! :clap: You should be very happy with it! Enjoy!!! :D

13. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I can't wait... next month (it seems so far away.) I'll probably get it around the 15th or 20th of December... I'll start a countdown, like an advent calendar but displaying days until I get a v600. :D [I get to change my phone and my provider in my profile on the same day. Yay! :browani:]

14. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    What is the MHK???

15. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Manhattan, Kansas (MHK is the US Weather Service and Airport abbreviation for the town I live in.)

16. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cool Rancid, we both are switching to the v600...[​IMG]
    now all i need is a Motorola avatar... ;)

17. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cool, I had a friend who was the Marketing director of the General Growth mall in that town, don't remember the name of it off hand though...

18. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    It would be cool if T-Mobile got the RazrV3 as well. This would definately become a big seller. Until then, my vote stands for the V600!!

19. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I don't know what a "general growth mall" is but we have a mall called Manhattan Town Center... is that what you're talking about or are you referring to a strip mall or something?

I don't know about spending $500 on a phone, even if it is the smallest, thinnest, feature-packed phone I've ever seen.

20. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    General Growth is a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and is the owner/landlord of the mall itself. The team that manages the mall (Security, Operations, Marketing, Property Managment ect.) are all General Growth employees. However, I think I was thinking of another mall that she had worked at.

Anyway she worked at the mall in Manhattan, but it is not managed and owned by general growth...

21. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I agree with you on that one. That phone is so cool looking, you know some people will go nuts for it. I think the price will be adjusted a little after it been in release for a few months. Also, T-Mobile does those "instant rebate" offers with some of their more expensive phones, such as the Nokia 6600. I wouldn't pay $500 + taxes for the Razr either. :)