Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

battery for lg3200

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Outerlimit, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Outerlimit

Outerlimit Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    My battery in my lg3200 phone no longer holds a charge. I am constantly having to recharge it... I used to be able to make it 2 days before having to recharge it, but now I am struggling to make it 1. I think I am using it more now than I did when I made it 2 days... but how long should I expect the battery to last, and is there anything I can do to gain more battery life, OR if I get a new battery, prevent this from happening to it.

Thanks,
    Outerlimit

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    http://us.lge.com/Product/proddetail.do?actCategory=mobile&archivedYn=&actType=search&categoryId=1000000079&prodId=1000000182&parentId=&parent2levelId=0000000004&category_level=4&totalItem=11&currentPage=2&perPage=10

The link shows the manual.

Are you using a lot of analog? Is the back light setting on too long?
    Did you clean the contacts on the battary and charger?
    Did you check the output votage of the charger?

How was the battery life before, should have been better than 2 days if you not talking a lot everyday.

I went through a few batteries on each of my phones, some only lasted a few months.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Outerlimit

Outerlimit Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    No, I am not using any analog. The screen displays 1X.

The back light is off when the phone is shut, not sure how long it stays on while the phone is open. I believe the screen stays on while I'm using it, but I don't think it stays lit up.

I have never cleaned the contacts.

I have no checked output voltage, how would I do that, and what should it be at?

4. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    use a volt meter, it says 4.5 output on the lable of my LG charger HOWEVER the actual output is 5.1 volts with NO LOAD. That battery should read over 4 v. when charged about 4.2. IF the battery is in the 3's right after a charge it may have a short. BY the way, if you get near a verizon store why not let them do all of this for you? Bring the charger too.

Also the the backlight setting can be set to go off after 30 seconds or stay on when the flip is open.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Outerlimit

Outerlimit Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks for your help! I'll find out if there is a VZW store nearby in blacksburg.

6. Outerlimit

Outerlimit Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    just searched on google, turns out there is one in christiansburg, which is right down the road. So maybe sometime I'll find someone to take me over there and I'll get it check out.

Thanks again!

Also, how long should a battery last for... I mean before having to buy a new one?

7. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    I have had some last a few years, yet others quit in a few months. Sometimes there is a bad batch. Also IF its less than 6 months old VZW usually covers it, at least they use to.

8. Outerlimit

Outerlimit Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Alright, thanks. I think it has been more than 6 months though :(.... Oh well I'll see what they can do when I go...