Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Banner change for Nokia phones?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Is it possible to change the banner on the 5180? I used to have the Kyocera QCP-2035, and that had the feature, but it seems like this phone does not. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Sue

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    My (wife's) 5160 has the ability to change the power-on display. I changed it to read our first names. It has been a while, so you'll have to consult your user's manual for details. If you don't have a copy, you can download an electronic copy (PDF) from Nokia.

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

You can change the wake up message by going into programming. There might be a simplier way in the manual. If you want step by step on doing that via programming just reply. The banner message used to be changeable but now with the flashing of the phones it is done by the carrier when they flash. If your local dealer has flashing capabilities in the store you could ask them. It's really simple if they choose to do it for you.

Tom