Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Backing up of Bookmarks

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by Shizam76, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Is there a favorite app out there anyone likes or uses to backup their internet bookmarks?

When hard resetting my phone, they always synched back to it. However I have changed carriers....and phones....and there seems to be no way to get them to the new phone. I thought google backed them up the same as they do everything else, but apparently not.

2. chimeraX

chimeraX New Member

There are a lot of apps like Titanium Backup, Backup Bookmarks, and Bookmark Sort & Backup with which you can backup your bookmarks on Android. If you are rooted Titanium Backup is the best. I use Titanium Backup. It has lot of features. You can Backup/restore SMS, MMS, calls, bookmarks, Wi-Fi AP as XML. It has some bugs to fix but this app is worth the money.

3. Shizam76

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Thank you. I was hoping to not have to root for Titanium :-(

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I haven't actually done it, but Google does allow you to sync your bookmarks from your PC.

5. Shizam76

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I dont know why they dont easily let you sync your mobile ones. Weird.

6. chimeraX

chimeraX New Member

I think synchronizing bookmarks from your PC to some other PC or mobile devices was first introduced by Opera. But at that time Chrome user count was increasing and everyone was leaving Opera so this option was completely forgotten. Chrome and Firefox again came with this option but only a few are using this option. One can synchronize iPhone with Safari and Internet Explorer. If you want to synchronize your Android with Chrome in your PC just go to the wrench menu (you have to be signed in with your Google account in chrome) go to Settings->Advanced Sync settings and choose the options which you want to synchronize. Now your data from chrome is synchronized with your Google account. You need ChromeMarks app to synchronize the data with your Android. You can also use the data you have synchronized in another computer with chrome.
    Third party browser developers are trying to include this option in their browser. I think Chrome for Android will first get this feature.