Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Backdated Rate Plan Changes Upon Request

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Matt, May 16, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    More from HoFo - as of 5/15/05 you can now request a backdated rate plan and feature (e.g. m2m) changes (upgrade or downgrade). You may only back date to the beginning of the current bill cycle. You must specifically request a back dated change. Unless you request it, a change will occur on your NEXT bill cycle. You must call by midnight ET of the day you want the change to take effect.

If you change your mobile number, account number, switch to a different type of play (to/from family, etc.) then you can only backdate to the date of that change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I was told that I could not back-date or future-date a family plan change. Do you know why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I need more specifics. Are you currently on a family plan? I don't think if you are on an individual plan, you can create a family plan and make it active two weeks prior.....moving to/from those types of planes requires a new account. Items that do not require an account number change can be backdated.

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have two lines with the $69.99 Family Time plan, 850 shared anytime minutes, unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile, night and weekends. I wanted to see if I could renew for another 12 months and get the new promo version of the $69.99 plan with 1,000 shared anytime minutes and they told me that would have to start that plan the day I called, not on the cycle date which was about a week away. I didn't care about back-dating the plan so much as not having any proating going on.

5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't know why you had a problem. You should be OK though since in-cycle plan changes reset your anytime minutes back to zero...meaning for the next week you would get 1000 minutes, and then be on the normal 1000 minutes per month starting with your new bill cycle. You should probably confirm that, but that's how I believe it works.

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Oh, perhaps that's what he meant. He seemed a bit cryptic when he told me that the plan would have to start today and couldn't be started on the cycle date. Maybe he just didn't understand what I was saying. If I would have had the full 1,000 minutes for the week I may have done it. Either way, cool... and thanks for your help, Matt.