Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Average Time for ESN Checks

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by jimmychen714, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jimmychen714

jimmychen714 Banned

Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I just started working for a non-profit that regularly buys or receives used cell phones and redistributes them as a small part of our services, so I can see myself doing more of these checks in the near future. And personally, I don't like this particular task. Thankfully, if I outsource this task to someone else, my organization can write-it-off as an expense (Oh the benefits of non-profit).

Apparently, there's a lower limit to ESN checks you can do by chat, so hence I use phone. That or the people were just being jerks.

Anyways, it took me about 8 minutes to get a hold of someone on customer service and they usually let you check about 4 to 5 ESNs before they give you attitude and you have to reconnect and hope you get another rep to do the whole thing over again. So I can say it takes one 15 minute session to check 5 ESNs. Therefore, on my average, I can check about 20 or so ESNs per hour.

I found one site called CheckESN. They charge you to do a Sprint ESN check, but they let you do it by the Spreadsheet so you really can't define a time rate. Think I can make the argument that it would take too long and cost too much to pay someone hourly to call customer service for each ESN?

I'm basing my argument on my time, so I was wondering how long it takes other people to do ESN checks by phone by the hour.