Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AV CDM 8615 on Verizon network?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by lg4650, Dec 20, 2005.

1. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    Is anyone aware if you can buy this pay as you go phone and activate it on an active verizon family plan? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. wzmadia

wzmadia New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cellular One, Verizon Wireless
    No, you can not activate Pay-As-You go phones on a regular retail plan. They have different software in the phones. (family plan included)

However, most retail phones (plan phones) that arent Vcast enabled you can activate on pay as you go, they will work on both plans.

3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    If it's a Verizon PrePay phone you should be able to activate it on your family share account, but do NOT activate the phone on prepay first- then it will be locked. Tons of people have activated PrePay Verizon phones on post pay accounts, but I cannot guarantee that this will work- AFAIK it still does though, just don't activate the phone on prepay first.

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes Andy you are right i bought my phone as an impulse and it was activated just fine.