Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Attn: All Cingular Gophone/kic Customers - New Free Service Available!

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by Sprint PCS 411, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Sprint PCS 411

My Phone:
    Nokia 3200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless GSM America
    This service would be totally free! No strings attached! And absolutly no obligations of any kind!

I was thinking I could start a free service for Cingular Prepaid (GoPhone or KIC) Cusotmers. The way the service would work. It would be available Monday - Thursday 9PM to 5:59AM at select times (NOT 24/7). Also available Friday 9PM through Monday 5:59AM (which would mean that its a free n/w call for me - so no minutes used) at select time (NOT 24/7). If I am not there just leave a message with the call back number and your name and I will call you back ASAP and connect your call.
    REGULARLY (If I answered the person calling me) I would have a Cingular Prepaid customer call me (it would only subtract $1.00 for that day (or .10 per minute) - becuase it would be mobile-to-mobile) then I would ask them the number they want to talk to - I would call that number tell them X is on the phone for you (ask them if they want to be connected) and then put them on conference call. Once on conference call this would not incur any minute deductions for me and only $1.00 (or .10 per minute) for the Cingular Prepaid Customer. I would put my phone on "mute" though so I wouldn't have my noise in their conversation.

See, with my services the Cingular Prepaid customer just spends a flat fee of $1.00 for the WHOLE day and have me connect their call for them and not waste so much money. Also they could call me unlimited number of times for just that $1.00 per day (or .10 per minute). OR THEY COULD call the other number and spend .25 per minute (or how ever much $$ it is)

This would be a great service to start - I think. What do all of you think? Would you use it?

Also this could work for postpaid customers who don't have unlimited night and weekend minutes.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Calls can only be recieved and/or connected from/to any number within the fifty (50) states of the USA ONLY. Calls can NOT be recieved/connected from/to: Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, America Samoa or any other global country, providence, territory or state.

And the service is called: Costless Connection
    Our Motto/Slogan: Its your call!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tttlp3

tttlp3 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola z9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT$T

Holy cow this is retarded.

3. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    LOL, yea it could work, but I imagine you sitting up all night with 15 cups of coffee, 2 cartons of cigarettes and huge bags under your eyes. Can you imagine the busy signals? All for a dollar profit!

I agree with tttlp3 it is really.... but it gave me the best laugh of the weekend. thanks

I will take your post script to heart on this one...not a good business plan.

4. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    LOL, you must have a lot of time on your hands to think of something like that. ;)

You probably could do this for your friends that have Cingular Prepay, but I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that someone else is/might be listening to my conversation.

5. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have to agree with Andy.

I like my conversations only to be between me and the person I am calling. I don't like people listening in, or having the opportunity to listen in, and I don't like to talk real loud on cell phones like some people I hear when I am at public places.

However, it was a very creative idea Sprint PCS 411.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sprint PCS 411

My Phone:
    Nokia 3200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Please understand, You can do this yourself w/out my service. - this is just a way to get the most for your money!

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I don't know, personally it sounds like it is more trouble than it is worth, but who am I to judge? GO FOR IT DUDE!

Good Luck! Jay

8. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Agreed, it must have taken forever to come up with.

9. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I'm sorry, but now that I've had time to think about it, What's in it for you? a free service means that you would charge no fee and it seems like a complete waste of time unless you were doing this for friends or family.

-Jay

10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    How about reimbursing people for the $1? ;)

11. dallison

dallison Senior Member

great imagination,
    but who will pay for the tower space?

12. Sprint PCS 411

My Phone:
    Nokia 3200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nope. Its FREE, no obligations or strings attached. Its an obsolutly free consumer service. All I do is use n/w minutes. So no charge!